Visa For Thai

My Friend is married Thai style, he got married in his Wifes village, she is a qualified teacher, every time she comes to the UK she has to have a tourist visa, costing about 40.00 GBP every time.

She now wants to marry in the British embassy xmas time, as she thinks it would be better for her to come to the UK on longer holidays, if she did get married uk style and took her husbands name in passport, would she still have to go for a visa every six months,

I have told my friend, i think she would still be in the same situation, the only way she could travel back and forth is to get a residency visa for two years in the uk, then have a uk passport,

if she has a uk residency visa can she still travel back and forth frequenty, i think she can only leave the uk on a short term every year, as when my wife comes back from thailand the uk immigration always asks her how long as she been away.

I think i am right, what is your opinions. cheers guys.

You should really have posted in the other forum as this is for Thai visa not Thai getting a visa. :o

Getting married is done at a local district office here in Thailand. The Embassy function is only to provide a letter for translation and presentation at a district office.

You are right that visas are always going to be required if this continues as a visit type relationship.