Buying A Boncafe Coffee Machine

balo

I have received an offer from BonCafe in Bangkok.

I need a good machine for my daily espresso and have been recommended Ascaso Uno PM as one of the best in that price range.

The price is 26000 THB, I think its almost the same price as in Europe for these machines.

So my question is if BonCafe offer good service for their customers if there is a problem?

After all its a lot of money for a coffee machine. ;)

For my 10 years experience with Boncafe, they have a good assistance service (they give sometimes also a spare machine if you are in business). SAECO machines are good. ASCASO I don't know.

The coffee? Beh, that's another matter....

For my 10 years experience with Boncafe, they have a good assistance service (they give sometimes also a spare machine if you are in business). SAECO machines are good. ASCASO I don't know.

The coffee? Beh, that's another matter....

I've had good service in Pattaya. Buy the fully automatic. There is nothing like pushing a button and getting a copy of coffee without any fuss. I own both the Saeco Vienna Plus and the Saeco Odea Giro Plus. The Vienna Plus has given less trouble.

Another option is a machine I have from march I got from an italian dealer in Samui for 18000 that work with coffee capsules (kind of Nespresso) brand Caffitaly.

Machine is simple but allows also cappuccino steam.

The coffee is the best I drank in Thailand (for my Italian taste).

If you can ensure a consumption of 200 capsule a month the machine is on loan for free.

PS: a capsule is 25 Baht. Not so cheap

UK price is over 31,000 Baht.

Is this for personal use ?

Yes , I need a good machine at home here in Bangkok and have been reading a couple of reviews so I know that with the right beans and a grinder Ascaso will do the job.

And I like to make the coffee myself instead of the fully automatic ones, have a separate grinder that gives me the best espresso.

Good to hear that so many people have positive experiences with BonCafe so I'm looking forward to receive the machine this week,

they also included free delivery, 2 kgs espresso beans, and free training course worth 4500 baht. :)

Edited by balo

I agree with the reports, boncafe has good service and the Saeco Vienna is one of the most reliable ones (also according to a boncafe technician).

Just had mine in for repairs after 7 years of daily use, within 2 weeks it was fixed for 2000 thb.

Also consider Gaggia for the same price (office and demo room is behind Central Chidlom). I have the Evolution and whilst it's not full auto, I enjoy controlling how much coffee to put in each time and which type. I'm a fussy barsteward when it comes to coffee and after buying some Thai coffee (Aroma brand) in the supermarkets and having it grounded there and then for me, this machine makes one the best cups of coffee (latte) I can find anywhere.

I actually bought my machine reconditioned from the Gaggia shop in UK and carried it over here, but I'm not sure recon units are available in Thailand.

post-19469-092678800 1284519598_thumb.jp

Central Chitlom has the Gaggia Brera on sale for 39000thb reduced from 59000thb. It is actually a very good price for this machine as the current US price is US$1000.00. So its not such a big markup (Customs 40% on home use coffee machines).

Good machine also.

Central Chitlom has the Gaggia Brera on sale for 39000thb reduced from 59000thb. It is actually a very good price for this machine as the current US price is US$1000.00. So its not such a big markup (Customs 40% on home use coffee machines).

Good machine also.

I am now the happy owner of an Ascaso Uno Professional . :)

It arrived yesterday and a nice lady from BonCafe installed it and gave me a short lesson.

Also they included 2kgs of BonCafe arabica espresso beans, coffee flavours and a recipe book.

Its easy to use , you just have to make sure that the temperature is ideal before making the coffee.

I have no problems to recommend this machine , its maybe cheaper than other brands but quality is really good. .

023eg.jpg