Why Do Grown Men

sillyman99

With the money that is now being paid to the EPL players, do 40 - 50 year old men feel stupid singing songs to millionaires that wouldn't piss on you if were on fire ?

I mean, some of these guys earn more in 2 minutes than you earn in a year, yet grown men ( supporters ) sing songs about these guys ?

I'd feel pretty fawking stupid singing songs myself....................

• Like 1

No....

Not in the slightest. I sing for my team, I sing for the players in that team but, it is the team that will carry on forever, not (all) the players.

In respect to the wages that are considered obscene, any business pays its achievers the money they are worth dependant on their value to that business. US Basketball has far more obscene figures.

I am only 34 though, does that even make a difference...?

redrus

ok then , you wont sing any songs for your team,, and you,d feel fn stupid if you did

too easy

youre an arsenal fan:D

no cant be an arsenal fan!

we've got at least 4 songs about how <deleted> west ham are and about the fact that they will be playing championship football next season. wink.gif

Edited by tigerfish

Some songs really p7ss the supporters from some inferior part of the country right off, especially when theyre losing, surely this is reason enough.

Besides a bit of noise lets you know youre behind the players and inspires them to try harder.

But i think almost all players no matter how much you think they despise the fans do try their best during the match.

ok then , you wont sing any songs for your team,, and you,d feel fn stupid if you did

too easy

we've got at least 4 songs about how <deleted> west ham are and about the fact that they will championship football next season. wink.gif

but you only sing them at home, not L'Emirates I mean in your house. Sometimes, if we're really really quiet and everyone goes "shhhhhhhh" you can be heard singing "Arsenal Arsenal Arsenaaa'l" but only sometimes.

And the other time you sang about West Ham was at the last game at Highbury when we beat the Sp*ds and you all sang 'Bubbles' :P

• Like 1

too easy

we've got at least 4 songs about how <deleted> west ham are and about the fact that they will be playing championship football next season. wink.gif

corresponds with roughly the same amount of arse that sing

you're not singing 'to' the players, you're singing 'for' the team. you're hoping to inspire your team on to win by getting behind them. you're also singing to shut the opposing fans up.

fans of non-league clubs sing songs 'to' part-time players on twenty grand a year, so the point about what the player gets paid is a bit daft.

The Everton fans were all ready to sing to Rooney `No Woman , No Kai ` , Fergy dropped him to save `face` !

I think you'll find saving people's faces doesn't come into the equation when SAF picks his team. Winning the game does, and were it not for 5 final minutes of madness, that's exactly what the team would have done.

oi ! really bifftastic and imola, take note.

in your own back yard and not a pikey or yid insight ! wink.gif

You put some decent stuff on the bedlam forum tigerfish so why did you put that crap on. They were singing that stuff when my grandad was a boy. :lol:

Talk about pikeys and yids...well, as much as i dislike West ham, it well known that Tottenham and them are the best supported sides in London.

Only a newbie on here but true to form the Arsenal and Chelsea threads are hilarious.

You put some decent stuff on the bedlam forum tigerfish so why did you put that crap on. They were singing that stuff when my grandad was a boy. :lol:

Talk about pikeys and yids...well, as much as i dislike West ham, it well known that Tottenham and them are the best supported sides in London.

Only a newbie on here but true to form the Arsenal and Chelsea threads are hilarious.

only a newbie hey ! so how come you know about the bedlam forum. thought only members with a certain amount of posts were allowed in there. something your not telling us hackett ? like signing in under a different user name, because youve been banned from the forum ;)

only a newbie hey ! so how come you know about the bedlam forum. thought only members with a certain amount of posts were allowed in there. something your not telling us hackett ? like signing in under a different user name, because youve been banned from the forum ;)

No not banned, but not worth going into a long drawnout story. What i would say is that having had a glimpse at the gooner thread i can appreciate why you spend more time on our thread. ;) Maybe you're a double agent. :D

No....

Not in the slightest. I sing for my team, I sing for the players in that team but, it is the team that will carry on forever, not (all) the players.

In respect to the wages that are considered obscene, any business pays its achievers the money they are worth dependant on their value to that business. US Basketball has far more obscene figures.

I am only 34 though, does that even make a difference...?

redrus

It's actually the Club & not the Team that will carry on Mate but yeah, i'm with you..;)

PS : Me personally, i despise a lot of the Players i have playing for my Club, after meeting quite a few of them..

No not banned, but not worth going into a long drawnout story. What i would say is that having had a glimpse at the gooner thread i can appreciate why you spend more time on our thread. ;) Maybe you're a double agent. :D

well i have been known in the past to be quite a bit partial to the female version of a salt beef sandwich, but thats as far as it goes !

Bonjourno Mr H, me & you is gonna get on fabulously innit ?? :D

Well known aye ??

By who & on what basis are T*ttenhma the best supported side in London ut of curiosity ??

I'm intrigued ??

Is it because you have mor ethan 40,000 Supporters on a Season Ticket waiting List, like this lot ??

http://www.arsenal.com/membership/need-help-/-contact-us/season-ticket-waiting-list

Or are you the best Supported side in London because you take 500 to UP on a Sunday morning in August 2009, come out of the Station & start singing " Y*d Army " so the OB wrap you up immediately thus not allowing your " Y*d Army " not to be able to participate in any form of the " Violence " that they are so famous for in London these days & quite obviously came to East London for ??

Or are you the best supported side in London because in your recent pummeling of Young Boys, your Supporters had more Flags waving than these people below ?? :D

post-55211-076049900 1284796815_thumb.jp

Bwahahaah i despise you Y*ds passionatly but at least that's better than me thinking you're 2 bob, like Chels..:D

Good Away Support in numbers normally, decent Home Aptmosphere, good Team for once but an absolute Cnutox of a Manager...

That's you lot in a nutshell..;)

Well known aye ??

By who & on what basis are T*ttenhma the best supported side in London ut of curiosity ??

I'm intrigued ??

Is it because you have mor ethan 40,000 Supporters on a Season Ticket waiting List, like this lot ??

http://www.arsenal.c...et-waiting-list

Or are you the best Supported side in London because you take 500 to UP on a Sunday morning in August 2009, come out of the Station & start singing " Y*d Army " so the OB wrap you up immediately thus not allowing your " Y*d Army " not to be able to participate in any form of the " Violence " that they are so famous for in London these days & quite obviously came to East London for ??

Or are you the best supported side in London because in your recent pummeling of Young Boys, your Supporters had more Flags waving than these people below ?? :D

You need to stay off the sauce mate. :D

Well known aye ??

I'm intrigued ??

That would be the same Arsenal that cant sell their full away ticket allocation would it? Would it also be the same Arsenal that invariably don't sell out at home also?

Not that i am interested in the violence but my understanding was that it occurs way away from the ground. Fans coming out of the station chanting are enjoying being part of the football atmosphere. Its what makes it the occasion it is. It certainly does'nt suggest they are looking for trouble.

When we beat you in August 2009 :lol: that "500" were quite vocal.

Can't wait till next weekend. I have a feeling monkey boy is going to cause your defense all sorts of problems. Either way, we'll be staying off the lasagne.

Well known aye ??

I'm intrigued ??

That would be the same Arsenal that cant sell their full away ticket allocation would it? Would it also be the same Arsenal that invariably don't sell out at home also?

Not that i am interested in the violence but my understanding was that it occurs way away from the ground. Fans coming out of the station chanting are enjoying being part of the football atmosphere. Its what makes it the occasion it is. It certainly does'nt suggest they are looking for trouble.

When we beat you in August 2009 :lol: that "500" were quite vocal.

Can't wait till next weekend. I have a feeling monkey boy is going to cause your defense all sorts of problems. Either way, we'll be staying off the lasagne.

Of course, they were obviously looking for a bit of Breakfast at 09:30 in the morning then weren't they after being at Liverpool Street for 40 minutes attracting every City of London & Met Plod this side of the Watford Gap, silly me..

Arsenal have more people on their Season Ticket waiting List than you have for a Home Game Fella, understand it..;)

Well known aye ??

I'm intrigued ??

I don't drink..:)

Well known aye ??

I'm intrigued ??

penny still hasnt drop though has it, hey hackett wink.gif

Well known aye ??

I'm intrigued ??

:o Since when was that?!!

Well known aye ??

I'm intrigued ??

My view of best supported sides are the teams whose support turns up to all the games and vocally gets behind their team. We are one of them and i can assure you that supporting Tottenham over the years has been a very frustrating experience but the passion for the game never goes away. You still turn up don't you.

Look at the way Chelsea gates dropped before when the were shit. Arsenal play very entertainly football but there more atmosphere in a doctors waiting room.