Holiday Visa To Aust.

We want to bring my wife's cousin from her village (C.M.) to australia for 3-6 months help with house work,look after son, whilst she is busy with work,as am I, also he can spend xmas with us & holiday. What I was thinking is a tourist visa, with me sponsoring him (provide food & housing). I was going to start paperwork from here, can I do the lot thru australia? He is east of chiang- mai, Is there thai consul in C.M. or does he have to go to BKK ?

this is new to me any help would be appreciated

regards songhklasid.B)

Shouldn't be a problem provided you show evidence that you and your wife can look after all expenses. But do not say the cousin is coming to look after kids or the house as that will be classed as work and will get refused. Just say tourist and visiting you guys.

Cheers

We want to bring my wife's cousin from her village (C.M.) to australia for 3-6 months help with house work,look after son, whilst she is busy with work,as am I.

Sorry but your wife's cousins application will be doomed from the getgo. Read up on the requirements for a tourist visa.

Regards

Bridge

We want to bring my wife's cousin from her village (C.M.) to australia for 3-6 months help with house work,look after son, whilst she is busy with work,as am I.

Sorry but your wife's cousins application will be doomed from the getgo. Read up on the requirements for a tourist visa.

Regards

Bridge

Bit harsh Bridge, It doesnt sound as if the cousin will be doing paid work, merely helping out. if the application is approached from a visiting point of view and not from a home help approach then the application should be considered on the merit of the application.

The application will have to be done from Thailand, the application form in Thai can be downloaded from the website and the OP can fill out his details including the additional funds provider section and then send it to the applicant to complete and lodge with the relevent evidence.

If he checks the VFS site it will assist him with the lodgement and courier service from Chiang Mai.

Not saying it would be easy but not impossible either.