Sponsoring Thai Wife's Visa To The Uk

Having read through some of the posts on this forum, it's got me thinking a bit.

When someone applies for a UK visa, the ECO will naturally check if the applicant has applied before - you've got to declare it on the form anyway, I think. However, someone suggested they would also check the sponsor's history, if any.

My siuation is that I was sponsoring my old gf in her attempts to get a holiday visa to visit me in the UK before I came over here to live. This was 8 years ago. She was refused 3 times, the reason being that the ECO wasn't satisfied that we'd known each other for the length of time we said and that she couldn't provide sufficient evidence of good reason to return to Thailand.

Well, not being here at that time, I got a bit upset and took the matter to The House of Commons through my MP. He was turned down as well

Now, that was a long time ago and I've been living here for 7 years. I'm now married - a different girl. If we apply for a tourist visa, it's not likely to be until next year.

Could the fact that I've previously sponsored an unsuccesful applicant be a problem in this case? If so, how would people suggest getting around the situation?

Thanks.

It wont be a problem as everything is above board.

The ECOs will be concerned about multiple sponsorships without a reasonable explanation, particularly over a short period of time, but that is not the case here.