Pattaya Seafood Restaurant Encounters Possible Land-Ownership Problems

Rimmer

Pattaya Seafood Restaurant encounters possible land-ownership problems

BANG SARAE: -- A popular seafood restaurant in Bang Sarae is suspected of situating itself on public land. On Monday Afternoon, a team of local government officials led by Khun Patpong, Deputy Assistant Chairman of the Na-Jomtien Administration went to the Si-nuan Seafood Restaurant, located on the beachfront, armed with a selection of official documents which indicated the restaurant had encroached on public land.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One

2010-09-28

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Twenty-five years ago, when I first came to Pattaya, the city decided that all of the restaurants on sea side of walking street were built without permits, and had to be demolished. Well, as you can see, they all seem to be still standing.. Maybe it was government land, maybe not, but these things usually mean they just want a little more money to fix the problem.

Twenty-five years ago, when I first came to Pattaya, the city decided that all of the restaurants on sea side of walking street were built without permits, and had to be demolished. Well, as you can see, they all seem to be still standing.. Maybe it was government land, maybe not, but these things usually mean they just want a little more money to fix the problem.

Aren't all the beaches owned by the King? My wife keeps saying that...even as we get hassled by umbrella vendors when we try and put our own chairs down on the beach! :annoyed:

Good point! I remember when I moved to Newport Beach in Southern California. It is in Orange County. I mentioned to my friend that I liked living in LA. He quickly pointed out that this was OC, NOT LA. But everybody thinks SoCal is pretty much LA. Guess the same applies here?