Halloween In Chiang Mai

prism

One of our favorite time in the U.S.A. is Halloween. Dressing up wearing Freddy Kruger or Nixon masks and going to the costume parties. Are there any Halloween parties in CM this year? Parties for kids (I have two) or just for adults would be fine. Love to have a scary good time. B)

well since you asked....The Playhouse will offer a spooky evening of fun on Saturday-October 30 from 11 pm to ???. 300 baht entrance fee will get you in for a beer buffet (all you can drink draft). We will have dancing to a live band in Kinnaree Park and the stage bar will offer 100 baht Sangsom buckets and dicounts on all other drinks for those not into the beer buffet. There will be prizes for overall best costume, sexiest costume, scariest costume and funniest costume. Hope to se you all there!

Halloween is a great American festivity, now taken up by a lot of Europeans as well. It can be a lot of fun.

More tourists should start arriving by then.

I'm sure if places put on specials for Halloween, which included the kids and took the trouble to advertise it, they would do well.

I'm going as the Grinch. wink.gif

Since you asked..The Playhouse is in Chang Pueak just up the street from the Mercure Hotel (formerly Novotel) and next to Top's Supermarket (formerly Rimping)...and sorry.....adults only this time!

I'm sure there will be other places to cater for the kids, but well done for this initiative, which sounds excellent and I hope you get a good turn out. smile.gif

Come and see my wife as she is frightening everyday so hallowen is nothing specal for me. I do like dressing up for the occasion but normally get so frightened on 31st that l go to bed early

You go to bed early, dressed up?.....hmmm huh.gif

Halloween is a great American festivity, now taken up by a lot of Europeans as well. It can be a lot of fun.

More tourists should start arriving by then.

I'm sure if places put on specials for Halloween, which included the kids and took the trouble to advertise it, they would do well.

I'm going as the Grinch. wink.gif

ActuaIIy, its the other way around. HaIIoween is European in origin, but doesnt actuaIIy matter per say, its just mainIy now a Iot of fun!

There is the festivity of Saint Maarten in The Netherlands, Flanders and parts of Germany. Children make their lampion from paper, pumpkin, sugarbeetroot and put a candle in it (more and more a light on batteries these days). They go along the houses, singing some songs and collect candy and fruit. It is a very old festivity, from the German tribe long before Christ was born. It was meant to bring a light when the days got shorter. The Christian missionary didn't like the tribe festivities, they were called heiden fests, pointed to falce gods. The missionary could not eliminate the tribe festivities so they devise a Christian variation. The legend of Saint Maarten is about a Hungarian who became s Roman officer. He became a knight and on a cold day he rode on his horse and tfound a beggar freezing, He cut his overcoat with his sword and shared it with the beggar. Also Christmas is a German tribe festivity.

Edited by Joop50

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

The biggest and most original Halloween party in Chiang Mai this year is on Friday, Oct. 28, 2011 by Team Club Martini called, "28 Years Later: Evil Takes Over an Abandoned Nightclub". They have rented out an old abandoned nightclub behind Rimping Supermarket by the river and bringing it back to life for one night only. The Chiang Mai University Fine Arts department is helping them with the elaborate decorations to add to the already haunted atmosphere. There will be a costume contest with cash and prize giveaways. Special guest DJ, Mikey Mike, from Bed Supperclub is flying in from Bangkok to play the hottest House / Tribal tunes. They will also have dancers, live acts, an amazing sound system, huge dance floor, smoke machines, lazers, three bars and food stalls. More info can be found on their website at www.teamclubmartini.com/main/events. You can also sign up on their facebook event page here.

poster.jpg