Best Performance Tire In Los

steelepulse

What's the best performance tyre available in LOS for a 4 door heavy ( 5 series) sedan? I don't drive but more than 20 km's per day and when I do drive I appreciate having good traction as I tend to like to drive fast when conditions permit. Currently I have 20" 245/35 Nankings and they are OK, but when I really push it through a corner they lose their grip and I feel the car sliding a bit..

Pilot sport? P zeros?

On a side note, it's amazing how much more expensive tyres are here than back home. I was quoted 10K baht per tyre to replace the current ones with the same , while I look at websites overseas I see they go for less than 3K per.

35 profile to fit 20"

Goodyear F1, inexpensive in LOS, made in LOS, far better than your existing

Yokohama, Conti, Pirelli, Michelin all excellent. Dunlop, some good some flops,

autohausbavariadotcodotth has done some promotions on tyres, make sure you dont get prices for the popular runflats

+1 for the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's - they do everything superbly, and are cheap here in TH.

Only downside would be they tend to get a bit noisy/harsh riding after about 50% worn, but this holds true for pretty much all high-performance tires.

Just got Nitto tyres on my Chevrolet Optra Estate, 12000 for 4 tyres. Had Yokohama before that, seemed to be slipping in the rain, so far the Nittos have been good.

Here is a link to their site, look under "Tire Lineup", I got the NT555, but I liked the look of the Neogen.

Edited to add link - http://www.nittotire.com/index.html

Edited by beano2274

+1 for the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's - they do everything superbly, and are cheap here in TH.

Only downside would be they tend to get a bit noisy/harsh riding after about 50% worn, but this holds true for pretty much all high-performance tires.

Thanks MRO. I wonder what "cheap" means for 20" 245/35? I'll have the Mrs. go to the recommended above Manit centre and inquire. Hopefully less than 10K/tire.

Just got Nitto tyres on my Chevrolet Optra Estate, 12000 for 4 tyres. Had Yokohama before that, seemed to be slipping in the rain, so far the Nittos have been good.

Here is a link to their site, look under "Tire Lineup", I got the NT555, but I liked the look of the Neogen.

Edited to add link - http://www.nittotire.com/index.html

Easy to get here?

Yes they are - just go to B-Quik and they will have them.

Edited by EbcBrakes

Can of worms topic, nangkang is not high performance, its a hp size but its a budget/economy tire.

As katabb and moonriver said, GY, Dunlop, Michelin, Nitto, Hankook, Yokohama are the prmium hp makers. I doubt that there is any 20 inch tyres made in Thailand as HP tyres, I know they make SUV/pick Up in 20 inch here but haven't seen any UHP made in Thailand except for standard sizing in 15, 16, 17 and 18 inch.

Also depending on your car and how much comfort you require there are choices to be made in patterns for that. But in 20 inch there wont be much choice. Best value in my opinion is Nitto, all made in japan (Nitto = Toyo) and plain good.

Hak

I can second the Nitto/Toyo props, raced on Toyo's and they're first rate reasonably priced, will know more about the Nitto's after this weekend but first impressions and word going around is encouraging.. I can't speak directly to your size but a couple of other considerations not mentioned might be Bridgestone and Kumho though, Kumho began building truck tires and are now also first rate in performance tires..

I'm going to be testing some Thunderers here (made in Thailand patterned after Good Years I'm told by a knowledgeable source) in a few weeks and will report my immediate impression and long term once I've driven them a while..

B-Quick has a nice tire sizing guide on their website that might help you out in regards to their stock and cost though I haven't consulted it for your size you might give it a try...

Edited by WarpSpeed

nangkang is not high performance, its a hp size but its a budget/economy tire.

Tell me about it! I bought the car with these tires, but they wouldn't have been my first ( or 2nd-10th) choice.

Thanks for the location info on B Quick, KBB.

Looking forward to hearing your report warpy.