Tuskers Opening Again

rakchaingmai

What set tuskers apart from all the other westernized bars in town. Nothing.

What <deleted>. It did have something that the others don't: quality and a better clientèle. Not everyone wants to aim for the bottom of the barrel, so to speak. I'd personally rather fail than have to lower my standards and look at mouthbreeders all day. Location and the state of tourism in general are perhaps the main factors against success.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What set tuskers apart from all the other westernized bars in town. Nothing.

What <deleted>. It did have something that the others don't: quality and a better clientèle. Not everyone wants to aim for the bottom of the barrel, so to speak. I'd personally rather fail than have to lower my standards and look at mouthbreeders all day. Location and the state of tourism in general are perhaps the main factors against success.

I agree with you totally, apart from the fact that you said you would rather fail than to lower your standards. Business is business at the end of the day, and if your saying you would rather fail, then you don't know business at all. All I was saying was that there is too much competition in town for the bars that offer the same services as tuskers did, and with the current situation in Thailand, the market clientele of these bars is getting less and less every week. So businesses need to offer something different from all the others. You can't tell me that in realistic terms, that the old Tuskers offered any thing different to the U.N, Old Bell, Red Lion, Queen Vic, The Pub, The Half Moon Etc. Roughly the same prices, same food, same in house pub games, same live sports, so can you please tell me why its <deleted>, when I said nothing set Tuskers apart from all the other westernized bars in town.

I'd personally rather fail than have to lower my standards and look at mouthbreeders all day.

Thank Buddha for Google:

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER....Last year I asked where the term "mouth breather" as a synonym for "idiot" originated. Today, reader KH provided the answer. Here's an excerpt from a New York Times article from March 21, 1897:

Many children are always mouth breathers, and cannot breathe through the nose on account of conditions of the throat requiring medical attention; in such children test the hearing, which is apt to become very dull if the case is neglected.

Apparently the original association, which was likely more true in 1897 than today, was "mouth breather" => deafness/difficulty hearing => mentally slow. And that's your etymology lesson for the day.

http://www.washingto...6_03/008469.php

Edited by Ulysses G.

I'd personally rather fail than have to lower my standards and look at mouthbreeders all day.

Thank Buddha for Google:

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER....Last year I asked where the term "mouth breather" as a synonym for "idiot" originated. Today, reader KH provided the answer. Here's an excerpt from a New York Times article from March 21, 1897:

Many children are always mouth breathers, and cannot breathe through the nose on account of conditions of the throat requiring medical attention; in such children test the hearing, which is apt to become very dull if the case is neglected.

Apparently the original association, which was likely more true in 1897 than today, was "mouth breather" => deafness/difficulty hearing => mentally slow. And that's your etymology lesson for the day.

http://www.washingto...6_03/008469.php

I beleive he is reffering to others as a Mouth BREEDER UG not mouth breather I too wonder what a Mouth Breeder is.

DK

I propose moderators close this thread as it's just become another argument over a closed business which no longer exists!

Why oh why everyone is still kissing the asses of the old owners who have decided to call it a day and do something else? It's closed ! Done! completed ! etc etc.

No matter if you loved or loathed the old hosts, they aren't there anymore ..... move on!

:mfr_closed1:

I propose moderators close this thread as it's just become another argument over a closed business which no longer exists!

Why oh why everyone is still kissing the asses of the old owners who have decided to call it a day and do something else? It's closed ! Done! completed ! etc etc.

No matter if you loved or loathed the old hosts, they aren't there anymore ..... move on!

You need to have posted more that 168 posts to become a Moderator you know :D

You need to have posted more that 168 posts to become a Moderator you know :D

Erm ...... Hence I propose moderators close?

lol

For moving motions like that they have invented toilets/

Chas and Rachel both put a lot into Tuskers and I wonder if they had opened early like many others, whether that would have made much difference? The location didn't matter once you got to know the place, but it's not exactly the best spot for walk in traffic.

Chas and Rachel both put a lot into Tuskers and I wonder if they had opened early like many others, whether that would have made much difference? The location didn't matter once you got to know the place, but it's not exactly the best spot for walk in traffic.

and not the best spot for parking, so back to rule #1 LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

DK

For moving motions like that they have invented toilets/

Sorry, did you just fall off your stool?

:cheesy:

Having some accommodation there could have made it a lot different, but then its also a 24 hour job to run it.

If your in a not so good location you need draw cards and a reason once your there not to go elsewhere.

Look at G&M Sausage 10km out of town in the middle of nowhere, Sunday buffet lunch, 250 seats with a waiting queue to get a seat.

Having some accommodation there could have made it a lot different, but then its also a 24 hour job to run it.

If your in a not so good location you need draw cards and a reason once your there not to go elsewhere.

Look at G&M Sausage 10km out of town in the middle of nowhere, Sunday buffet lunch, 250 seats with a waiting queue to get a seat.

10 kilometers my arse. I leave 20 and its another 15 from me.:o More like 35 kilometers from town.:lol: They still have the queue.

Edited by gotlost

10 kilometers my arse. I leave 20 and its another 15 from me.:o More like 35 kilometers from town.:lol: They still have the queue.

Ok so 20, only 10 from me though, still shows location isnt everything.

post-4090-046584900 1287484193_thumb.jpg

Ok so 20, only 10 from me though, still shows location isnt everything.

It's one of those places that you can not get to from hear..:whistling:

So for us not in the know what is GM sausage and whats the attraction (im guessing a SAUSAGE ??

DK

GM Restaurant is the best German restaurant in northern Thailand if not of all Thailand and his product is in all stores. Sorry Sausage King but this is what your up against.

http://cm-eat.blogsp...an-sausage.html

Ahhhhhh Ok thanks, for the info but not my cup of tea, dont like german sausage or saurkraut

I dont think Sausage King has anything to worry about :)

DK

So for us not in the know what is GM sausage and whats the attraction (im guessing a SAUSAGE ??

DK

GM Restaurant is the best German restaurant in northern Thailand if not of all Thailand and his product is in all stores. Sorry Sausage King but this is what your up against.

Ahhhhhh Ok thanks, for the info but not my cup of tea, dont like german sausage or saurkraut

DK

G&M

http://www.muantae.c...task=view&id=87

Edited by gotlost

DK

DK

G&M

http://www.muantae.c...task=view&id=87

5000 Kilos a week :blink: thats impressive

Now if he did apple sauce with the crispy pork leg I might have a day out and give it a go.

DK

5000 Kilos a week :blink: thats impressive

Now if he did apple sauce with the crispy pork leg I might have a day out and give it a go.

DK

You should see his order menu and his operation. You should try him someday,. You will not regret it.

I'd agree Gunters products are really good and the Sunday Buffet is worth a trip out to the wilds of Doi Saket :D

I like both British and German food so I'm happy we've got GM and Sausage King in town.

and not the best spot for parking, so back to rule #1 LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

DK

As you seem to be have a thing about parking, do you happen to know the percentage of Bar / Restaurants in the city with decent parking facilities ?

DK

As you seem to be have a thing about parking, do you happen to know the percentage of Bar / Restaurants in the city with decent parking facilities ?

YES YES let me just get those stats for you :rolleyes:

DK

YES YES let me just get those stats for you :rolleyes:

Well lets say very low, so your bleating on about parking doesn't really have any substance unless you can name a substantial amount of bar / restaurants with parking ;) .

Please note forum rule 18

18) Not to discuss the specifics of prostitution.

Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgment of that fact is not forbidden. However ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

Thanks..