Shell Vpower 95 Vs Regular Gasohol 95

steelepulse

• 8 years later...

On 10/25/2010 at 3:32 AM, steelepulse said:

I've been putting in Vpower 95, but I've never understood the difference between this and regular 95 gasohol

That's because V-power (lol) is 95 gasohol, with some additives that should 'clean' your engine.

Its unique double action formulation is designed to actively clean your engine and protect vital engine parts to help deliver more powerful performance.

How the heck could a fuel "protect vital engine parts" and thereby increase performance?

35 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

That's because V-power (lol) is 95 gasohol, with some additives that should 'clean' your engine.

How the heck could a fuel "protect vital engine parts" and thereby increase performance?

https://www.shell.co.th/en_th/motorists/shell-fuels/shell-v-power-nitro-plus/shell-v-power-nitro-plus-gasohol-95/about.html

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Its unique double action formulation is designed to actively clean your engine and protect vital engine parts to help deliver more powerful performance.

You're right, it doesn't but Shell does not claim that it's fuel will "increase performance".  It uses the phrase "to help deliver more powerful performance" which is just clever marketing-speak that doesn't mean anything at all.  They hope that consumers will think that it does mean that it will increase your vehicles performance.  Some people would call it bull.

• Like 1

Well if the engine was very dirty with lots of carbon and gunk...and if the fuel managed to clean that gunk out...then there could be a "restoration" of performance...I see stuff online about mixing
4 parts diesel 2 parts naphtha 1 part isopropyl alcohol and introducing the mixture into the intake manifold so as to clean valves and fuel injectors they say it works "wonders"

4 minutes ago, johng said:

Well if the engine was very dirty with lots of carbon and gunk...and if the fuel managed to clean that gunk out...then there could be a "restoration" of performance...I see stuff online about mixing
4 parts diesel 2 parts naphtha 1 part isopropyl alcohol and introducing the mixture into the intake manifold so as to clean valves and fuel injectors they say it works "wonders"

It is mainly an injector thing..

• Like 1

Always use it and have done for many years. It does provide a slight improvement in fuel consumption compared to normal Gas.95. but it is thebenficial aspects that are more important in my view.  Having worked for major oil companies  maybe I am slightly biased however I would not consider using anything other than a performance fuel such as Vpower irrespective of the oil company. 

Edited by geoffbezoz

23 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Mercedes F1 wish they had Ferrari F1 fuel .... so I hear

Edited by JAS21