Two American soldiers killed in southern Afghanistan

News_Editor

Two American soldiers killed in southern Afghanistan

2010-11-03 11:12:17 GMT+7 (ICT)

KABUL (BNO NEWS) -- Two American service members were killed as the result of a bomb blast in southern Afghanistan on Monday, the U.S. Department of Defense confirmed on Tuesday.

The U.S. Department of Defense said the soldiers were killed in Kandahar province on Monday when insurgents attacked their unit with an improvised explosive device (IED). They were identified as 24-year-old Spc. Jonathan M. Curtis of Belmont, Mass. and 21-year-old Pfc. Andrew N. Meari of Plainfield, Ill.

Both service members were assigned to the 1st Battalion, 502nd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) at Fort Campbell in Kentucky.

Coalition casualties in Afghanistan have been rising sharply this year, with around 90 service members being killed in July alone. It was the deadliest month for U.S. forces since the war began on October 7, 2001 in response to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States.

So far this year, more than 600 coalition service members have been killed. Most of them were American and died in Afghanistan's war-torn southern region.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-11-03

How many more have to die, for the 9/11 lie????

It wasnt a lie it happened, but its way past the time to get out.

I reckon Hobanse thinks the Israelis did it, but he is too shy to actually come out about what he really believes, other than to say it was a lie.

How many more have to die, for the 9/11 lie????

It wasnt a lie it happened, but its way past the time to get out.

I reckon Hobanse thinks the Israelis did it, but he is too shy to actually come out about what he really believes, other than to say it was a lie.

Yes i thought so to, still i agree with the outcome he wishes for, tragedy so many young soldiers are being used as cannon fodder by our own governments. IMHO the US had good reason to go in initially but they fcuked up big time by taking their eye off the ball and going into Iraq ... time for what would be classed as an extremist govt decision, one that the people would back and get out.

Edited by Englander