Lebanon says Israel setting up 21 spy posts along the border

News_Editor

Lebanon says Israel setting up 21 spy posts along the border

2010-11-06 08:09:57 GMT+7 (ICT)

BEIRUT, LEBANON (BNO NEWS) -- The Lebanese parliament on Thursday said that Israel is setting up 21 wiretapping and spy posts along Lebanon's border.

Hassan Fadlallah, a Hezbollah representative in the parliament, said that a committee analyzed photographs, documents and maps and determined that Israel was indeed engaging in intelligence activity along the whole Lebanon-Israel border.

Fadlallah added that the media analyzed provided information regarding the operation of the posts, their locations, and the territory they cover.

The information surfaced after two Lebanese citizens and one Palestinian were sentenced to death by a military court after being charged with spying for Israel. Palestinian Mohammed Ibrahim Awad and Lebanese Robert Edmond Kfoury are currently into custody while the third defendant, Lebanese Elias Riyad Karam, was sentenced in absentia.

More than 70 people have been arrested on spying charges for Israel's Mossad intelligence agency since April 2009, when Lebanon launched its nationwide operation on suspected spy agents.

Last spring, Lebanese authorities arrested around 20 alleged members of six espionage cells that were transmitting intelligence information to Israel. The two-month operation was apparently supported by U.S. training and equipment.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-11-06

I think you will find that the Israeli side of the Blue Line, the current

border, is in fact occupied Lebanese territory.

Tapping mobile traffic is also possible from across the border.

Just 21?

I can't say I blame them as they are surrounded and despised.

Cannot blame them either.

Surrounded by countries who harbour groups that want to eliminate Israel (Final solution again??)

Worked with a couple of ex Israeli forces offshore. They admitted Israel could be overrun in an all out arab attack on all the fronts??

"What about you nuclear weapons, I asked"

"There would be no muslim sites of worship left"? "They would all be glass and radioactive"

Here is hoping, that the listening stations can prevent that scenario??

Edited by tmd5855

I should hope so. This is normal. All countries worth their salt use spies. Does it make the news when South Africa uses spies, or Canada uses spies? Curiously not, eh?

ALL countries spy on everyone else. I always find it funny when the U.S. gets defensive about Israeli spies - like we do not have anyone spying on them. :blink: