Sarah Palin's reality show to debut next Sunday

News_Editor

Sarah Palin's reality show to debut next Sunday

2010-11-13 01:20:21 GMT+7 (ICT)

LOS ANGELES (BNO NEWS) -- A new reality show featuring former Alaska governor Sarah Palin and her family is scheduled to premiere next Sunday as critics say the show sets a new standard for political ads, critics say.

TLC's new reality series "Sarah Palin's Alaska" portraits Palin and her family in various outdoor activities that showcase the wild beauty of the region while Palin is constantly making political references.

Through the conventions of reality television, the former vice presidential candidate delivers a staged portrait of herself, her family, and her home state that is full of political messages and justifications of Palin's political past, Los Angeles Times TV critic Mary McNamara said.

The show will last eight weeks and was created by reality producer Mark Burnett.

The show depicts Palin as a devoted mother who also has time to work. However, every scene no matter where it was shoot inevitably contains a political reference, Matthew Gilbert from the Boston Globe states.

In one scene, Palin went bear sighting and found a female bear with its cubs. Palin immediately recalls her Mama Grizzlies platform for "common-sense conservative women," which she introduced last summer.

In another segment, Palin claimed that her neighbor rented the house next to hers to write a book against her. In response, her husband Todd and other friends built a 14-foot fence to protect their privacy. Palin once again forced the moment to issue a political statement and said that "some say this is what we need to secure our nation’s border."

It appears that Sarah Palin may be paving the way for an eventual run for presidency in 2012. By using a reality show, Palin is constructing a sophisticated public relations film, similar to an infomercial through a series of policy stances and image reparations.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-11-13

Great, another Comedy Central program. Or will she be partnering up with Glen Beck on Fox News or co-host on Saturday Night Live where she'll be reviving Dana Carvey's Church Lady roll.

Maybe she will even be on MSNBC with those great Americans Keith Olberman, Rachel Maddow, Ed Schulz and "Tingle leg" himself, Chris Matthews.

just happened to see some preview last night.

I like what I saw.:clap2:

This is a beautiful show case for the state of Alaska. Being done on showing gorgeous and magnificent natural scenes and wild life. It's where you would find in many parts of Alaska's natural wonder landscaping.

just happened to see some preview last night.

I like what I saw.:clap2:

This is a beautiful show case for the state of Alaska. Being done on showing gorgeous and magnificent natural scenes and wild life. It's where you would find in many parts of Alaska's natural wonder landscaping.

Does it showcase the leaking Alaska oil pipeline?

How about the lingering effects of the Exxon Valdez oil spill?

The damage from oil drilling to Alaska's North slope?

Do we get treated to scenes of nasty domestic violence and drunken stupidity? I loved that back to back episode on Cops. I really learnt alot about Fairbanks and the custom of getting drunk, fighting and then crying like a wuss when the po-po come to take you away.

Hey does, Bristol Palin get to make an appearance to condemn sinners?

i'll pass, unless of course there is a segment where she gets to hunt and trap pelosi, barney frank, harry reid etc.

would be the only "reality" show worth watching imo.

That's too violent. I'd rather see them forced to take part in that UFC reality show where we can watch them tap out week after week. :)

If the Left press were half as smart as they like to think they are, they wouldignore her and she'd soon disappear. As it is, she's now getting paid $1 million an episode and most of the candidates she came out in support of in the last election won.

If the Left press were half as smart as they like to think they are, they wouldignore her and she'd soon disappear. As it is, she's now getting paid $1 million an episode and most of the candidates she came out in support of in the last election won.

I can speak as an American leftist. We love her and cheer for her success in winning the republican party's NOMINATION for the 2012 presidential election. The reasons are obvious. She is a gift that keeps on giving. You go girl!

Funny that you focus on the so called left press though. I reckon you are being disingenuous and do know she is a right wing FOX NEWS commentator.

Next ...

Edited by Jingthing

I can speak as an American leftist. We love her and cheer for her success in winning the republican party's NOMINATION for the 2012 presidential election. The reasons are obvious. She is a gift that keeps on giving. You go girl!

Funny that you focus on the so called left press though. I reckon you are being disingenuous and do know she is a right wing FOX NEWS commentator.

Next ...

I know what you mean. Many conservatives feel the same way about Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.

We cheered their reelection and look forward to more leadership of the Democratic Party on display.

Next ...

SHE WILL NOT BE THE NOMINEE IN 2012. I wouldn't vote for her. She does however energize the base, brings out the vote, and helps Republicans win. By keeping her in the news, the hateful, liberal press contributed to the resounding defeat the Dems/Libs experienced on Nov 2nd. If that line about the "gift that keeps on giving" makes you feel better about screwing the pooch, by all means, use it.

Actually evidence shows that thanks to the Palin tea party the republicans didn't win the senate. Instead they put up some truly insane Palin backed candidates that couldn't win. Thank you Sarah!

Just writing that she won't be the candidate in all caps won't make it not so, my dear. She is running and she is very popular among the right wing republicans, and that's what that party is these days, very right wing.

Edited by Jingthing

Actually evidence shows that thanks to the Palin tea party the republicans didn't win the senate. Instead they put up some truly insane Palin backed candidates that couldn't win. Thank you Sarah!

Just writing that she won't be the candidate in all caps won't make it not so, my dear. She is running and she is very popular among the right wing republicans, and that's what that party is these days, very right wing.

I believe the evidence shows one or two completely unqualified people who didn't win. Still, the Dems lost about 6 seats. I didn't want the Reps to win both houses. History shows that a divided Congress is better for the country than one that agrees on bad legislation (which is Congress' area of expertise) .

Edited by koheesti