North Isan Trip

bagan68

¡Hi to everybody!:rolleyes:

I am seeking for a little help concerning a trip I am preparing to the North Part of Isan starting from Chiang Mai(The place I live).

I am thinking in doing as follows:

Chiang Mai- Phu Rua National Park(Loei)

Phu Rua National Park- Chiang Khan

Chiang Khan-Nong Khai-Bung Khan or to Bung Khla(Road 212 along the Mekong River)

Bung Khan or Bung Khla-Phu Wua-Wildlife Reserve-Nakhom Phanom

Nakhon Phanom

Nakhon Phanom-Udon Thani-

Udon Thani-Phitsanulok

Phitsanulok-Chiang Mai

If anyone can tell me if this trip make sense and it if is interesting and can recommend where to sleep on the way from Nong Khai to Nakhon Phanom taking the road 212 along the Mekhong River (taking in consideration that I wish to stop half day in Phu Wua Wildlife reserve) I will appreciate.

Also any recomendations about nice hotels in every place will be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your helpl ;)

¡Cheers!

many small guesthouses in nong khai facing the mekong river front - price range 350 to 800 baht; just ask around. in udon thani, i stay at the top mansion (they have a website) for 370 bajt per nite - smack in the city centre, plenty of bars and food. in loei, the loei palace is nice, but pricey at 1200 baht

I have stayed at the Nakorn Phanom River View hotel and although a bit dated it is very nice.

Hotel website

I stayed also, june this year, excellent hotel, good pool, food is sensational (thai cusinne) apparently is rated one of top 50 hotels in thailand. In nong khai I stayed @ the grand hotel, 25 metre pool, pretty ordinary, & pays to have motorbike, little bit out of town.

Hope info helps,as you see, I like my pools.

regards songhklasid.:lol: