Weather Warning

Oh dear. Having been in the middle of winter for five weeks now, blue skies every day here in chiang mai, am coming down to your neck of the woods a week on friday - the 17th. Don't get to the beaches so often these days, being so far north, and recent trips have all been rain and wind.

Do tell me that by end of next week things will be nice and sunny and dry, with amazing sunsets...

I know december down there is hit and miss, but what do seasoned observers predict for me?!

Yep - today the sun shone, the tourists appeared on the streets and people complained about the heat again.

Too early to say that the monsoons are over, but only a few showers forecast for the next week.

Amazing sunset tonight from Plai Laem B) Come on down.

(Forgot to say - back up to 30 degrees C from a chilly 23. :o)

it is so sad what u say but so true. even me was was complaining today about the heat. then i rememebered thaat iam english and its what i do best. whinny limy :D

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing sunset tonight from Plai Laem B) Come on down.

(Forgot to say - back up to 30 degrees C from a chilly 23. :o)

This is exactly what i want! My last three island trips have yielded exactly no sunsets into the sea. This i hope will be rectified come the end of the week when i get down to phangan.

30 degrees is nothing! No worries there.

What has the weather done in the last two days? Two thais up here in chiang mai have informed me there is big rain down there still. I've heard these sorts of things many times before when they turn out to be anything but. Has the weather continued to be good the last couple of days?

What has the weather done in the last two days? Two thais up here in chiang mai have informed me there is big rain down there still. I've heard these sorts of things many times before when they turn out to be anything but. Has the weather continued to be good the last couple of days?

Sunny for two days now on Samui.

Sunny for two days now on Samui.

Magnificent. I'll put my positive hat on then. Sounds like a trend to me... and from memory by this time one would at least hope for some decent weather, not raining every day.

While i'm on this thread, a completely unrelated question: i get to samui about 11am, and need to get to either big buddha (or maenam i believe) to get a boat over to tong sala. My old timetables tell me 12 or 1. Anybody confirm this for me? Cheers, and keep that sun out!

While i'm on this thread, a completely unrelated question: i get to samui about 11am, and need to get to either big buddha (or maenam i believe) to get a boat over to tong sala. My old timetables tell me 12 or 1. Anybody confirm this for me? Cheers, and keep that sun out!

http://seatrandiscovery.com/services_timetable.php

The pier is in Bangrak opposite the turn off for the airport road.

:unsure: we have just picked up our daughter and new son-in -law from man (uk) airport after their honeymoon on koh samui !!!!!!!9 days of rain and floods was enough ...so they booked a flight to bkk and followed the advice of mum and dad (who have been in thailand on and off for 10yrs )and had a great time seeing life in the city ....but whats happening with the weather over there ..it seems you have MORE RAIN !!!!we return in 3 weeks pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee loose all the rain ,we want sun and heat after 2 months of FREEZING SNOW !!!!!!!

:unsure: we have just picked up our daughter and new son-in -law from man (uk) airport after their honeymoon on koh samui !!!!!!!9 days of rain and floods was enough ...so they booked a flight to bkk and followed the advice of mum and dad (who have been in thailand on and off for 10yrs )and had a great time seeing life in the city ....but whats happening with the weather over there ..it seems you have MORE RAIN !!!!we return in 3 weeks pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee loose all the rain ,we want sun and heat after 2 months of FREEZING SNOW !!!!!!!

Do not despair. You should be OK B)

Hot and sunny for the last week. Great clear days, beautiful blue seas and even some good sunsets (unusual for this time of year). From what I can see from my little patch - some showers around still, but nothing to worry about. :D

PS Mind you - whenever I post a good weather report on TV - the rain usually hits within the hour. :whistling:

The only storms I can see at the moment are on 24 / 25. I will have a look at my crystal ball again tonight after a few beers.But mark my words, it will rain then. Any bets?

Here we go again.

Is the bet that it will rain 24 / 25?

Yes.

it rains any time i wash my truck. maybe i will get in on this one and not wash my truck on either of those days?

same here, or rains when ever it is my day off, maybe i should work these days ? sad.gif

maybe we should see if we can get rooo to double up on the bet then and we'll combine forces, i won't wash my truck those days + you work double shifts = free beer.

it rains any time i wash my truck. maybe i will get in on this one and not wash my truck on either of those days?

Agree, Don't wash your truck, leave till 27th ok. :clap2:

It won't rain on 25th as it's Lady Thai Boxing night in Lamai so I'll take bets no rain on that Saturday.

Grey skies and rain for a few days according to This

oh man, i just got back to the pier after an absolutely spectacular sunset cruise. you simply could not have asked for better weather or conditions than today and right here in the gulf of thailand . had completely forgotten about the rainy season until i logged in and was reminded by the thread. such an amazing place.

I will start a running tally soon. I will probably need help drinking all my winnings. ;)

I think we need to define rain?? :ermm:

Yes,agree. When we were taught Met, the explanation was that rain makes a splash and drizzle doesn't.

So do we get lashings of free beer from Roo in the event of it drizzling? Who will judge? :w00t:

I will start a running tally soon. I will probably need help drinking all my winnings. ;)

:unsure: Looks like Roo has got it right this time. Windguru is completely wrong again with a belated rain prediction for today while Malaysian Shipping has a small craft warning posted for Samui Area with storms and 5 m. waves until Thursday and showers Christmas eve. Drinks location ?