Ducati Service Bangkok

chunkylover53

Hey, I recently went over to the Ducati dealership/Service center on Thong Lo hoping to service my 400. I understand that Duke's are Italian bikes and parts have to be imported, but I was quoted 30-40,000 Baht for a stand first service? Are they pulling my leg?

Are there any other motorbike service shops in BKK that can do a ducati for cheaper?!

Cheers

Homer

If your motorcycle is not bought from Ducati Thailand, they will charge an entrance fee (which is a bit on the high side).

I have a Ducati and my g/f has a Yamaha, and if I look back over the past year – service for the Yamaha was higher.

If your motorcycle is not bought from Ducati Thailand, they will charge an entrance fee (which is a bit on the high side).

I have a Ducati and my g/f has a Yamaha, and if I look back over the past year – service for the Yamaha was higher.

Richard how much is your average service with Ducati? I went there yesterday to make my booking for the 796 yesterday laugh.gif and as I was standing in the showroom another customer pulled up on Triumph Daytona and made my head spin again with indecision.

Can I get it serviced anywhere else then? It's a bit pointless throwing away 1/4 of the bike's price to get a service?!

Kuhn Boy at Chicane (Motorcycles) in Bangkok takes care of my mates 1098S and had taken care of my 999S before I bought it, until it came to Chiang Rai. He also races Ducati's. Good service and fair prices. I've seen the odd Aprillia and other high end brands in his shop as well.

address:

Lad Phrao 64/4 turn left into soi going towards Central Lad Phrao then right at 7-11 about 50m on the right , his name is Boy which is a common Thai nickname

contact #: :+66892044191

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Garry :D :jap:

Edited by Garry

I've heard from a buddy that the entrance fee is extremely on the high side, BUT Chum (RIP) told me that if the person who imported the bike can show the Ducati assistance card and purchase info then they may just honor that and not ask for a entrance fee which they normally do based on local warranty issues.

For a two-valve Duc that sounds outrageous. On the surface of it... what work is needed? In San Francisco, a non-belt change service like the 6k mile service (10k Km), it would be about $500, or THB15,000. For a four-valve bike, essentially double it. Understand that the belts are $130 a set and each shim is about $10 each for parts. So factor that in to their costs when they quote you. Then there are the special tools & Mathis tester (computer) they are required to buy to be a dealer.

-bdb

I've heard from a buddy that the entrance fee is extremely on the high side, BUT Chum (RIP) told me that if the person who imported the bike can show the Ducati assistance card and purchase info then they may just honor that and not ask for a entrance fee which they normally do based on local warranty issues.

Entrance fee?! blink.gif Are you talking about a bike under warranty in the country of first sale? If for warranty work, Bologna pays them for their warranty work hours. And the bike owner pays them for out-of-warranty work. Do they actually use the term "entrance fee?' or is it just kinda understood they're taking their pound of flesh? I'd like to know, as I have a ST4s, 999 and Cagiva Mito back stateside and I was looking a bringing one in. I do all my own work, valves, belts, etc... but when I don't have time, I take a bike to a shop.

Firstly, they never mentioned an 'entrance fee' to me - I was just told by one of the main mechanichs that the average price for a first service for my 400 (which they have never worked on before) will be at least 30,000, but probably more likely 40,000+ THB.

I'm going to go see Chicane in Lad Prao, seems like a more feasible option.:rolleyes:

Firstly, they never mentioned an 'entrance fee' to me - I was just told by one of the main mechanichs that the average price for a first service for my 400 (which they have never worked on before) will be at least 30,000, but probably more likely 40,000+ THB.

I'm going to go see Chicane in Lad Prao, seems like a more feasible option.:rolleyes:

Good. The 2-valve Ducs are simple & reliable if not abused (like any machine). Less time to maintain than an inline four's valves, carbs all stuffed in tight confines. If you're mechanically inclined you can do your own valves & belts, fluids & filters. Make SURE you keep a fresh fuel filter, especially if its injected - ya didn't mention the year, later desmodues and all desmoquatros are injected - a clogged filter makes the fuel pump draw enough current to tax the electrical system & make the ECU send out evil signals. Carburetted bike? Still needs a clean one rolleyes.gif

Else, check your frame tubes at the triple clamp for hairline cracks - should have been changed under warranty if yours was an errant example. Best to check. Cylinder stud breakage was also a known issue for the SS range til... '97?

Enjoy!

• 3 months later...

I thought I would just give a quick update. Ducati Bangkok are ****heads :angry:- they will not service..or even touch any Ducati made after 2003, that was not bought in there shop. For anyone that doesn't want to have their shirts pulled over their faces, Khun Boy at Chicane is the man.

Thanks everyone for the address and number

I thought I would just give a quick update. Ducati Bangkok are ****heads :angry:- they will not service..or even touch any Ducati made after 2003, that was not bought in there shop. For anyone that doesn't want to have their shirts pulled over their faces, Khun Boy at Chicane is the man.

Thanks everyone for the address and number

Glad it worked for you with Kuhn Boy. I gather it was a reasonable price and good service? :D

I know it is slightly off the Ducati topic but it is a motorbike.

I have a Honda Phantom which is nowhere in the same class as a Ducati but my last 4,000 km service was 360 baht and that included the parts. It was done in less than an hour by the local Honda shop and the bike originally was bought in Phuket.

Somebody somewhere is definitely into price gouging.

I know it is slightly off the Ducati topic but it is a motorbike.

I have a Honda Phantom which is nowhere in the same class as a Ducati but my last 4,000 km service was 360 baht and that included the parts. It was done in less than an hour by the local Honda shop and the bike originally was bought in Phuket.

Somebody somewhere is definitely into price gouging.

Now I will expect the cries of derision from Ducati owners.

A Honda what?

:bah: