Nigerian Man Arrested In Bangkok With 2kg Cocaine Worth US$175,000

webfact

Nigerian arrested for selling cocaine

BANGKOK, Dec 19 - Thai police on Sunday arrested a Nigerian man in Bangkok with 20 bags of cocaine, valued Bt5.25 million (about US$175,000) while he was delivering the drug to a client.

Tourist Police commander Pol Maj-Gen Adisorn Ngamjitsuksri said the 30-year-old Nigerian national was identified as Ohanyiri Onyekwere Alentine. He was arrested at an apartment in Sukhumvit Road Soi 93 while he was preparing to deliver cocaine to a client.

Police inspected his rented room and found a backpack containing 20 bags of cocaine, weighing two kilogrammes, hidden in the ceiling of the room.

Gen Adisorn said the suspect entered the kingdom in 2008 and is married to a Thai woman.

The suspect is a middleman receiving drugs from dealers and then distributing them to clients. Police initially charged him for illegal possession of drugs for trading, said the tourist police chief. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-12-19

I do hope he isn,t accidently shot, before he can expose who supplied. He was the middle man, as stated. Seems funny us readers never hear of ( or hardly ever hear) of follow-ups to these cases, we have to assume they,re all solved, :unsure:

Having been shown how get drugs off the streets by Pattaya's finest just yesterday, when they busted a man for smoking one reefer on Walking Street, Bangkok's finest take up the baton. A hard act to follow though. Rastarfairians smoking dope; a lot of detective work involved there and they were lucky to see him carrying the joint in his left hand in the middle of Walking Street at 9 p.m. I mean what are the Police doing working those hours any way?

Haven't they got homes to burgle?

It hasn't got the same dynamic impact as Pattaya managed though. Two kgs of heroin is serious stuff and some one is going to be upset. And I don't just mean the local Police Chief who has just seen his share go up in smoke and not a nostril.

I mean who ever thought of going about quietly with a back pack stuffed full of drugs. No idea. No style. Look where all that low profile stuff got him. Banged Up Abroad.

Give me the Thai Joke any day. Loud cars, even louder guns, flash houses and cops on the pay roll you can trust. A good shoot at the end, bullets in the back of the head from 1 metre, and all in the line of duty. If you're going to deal drugs in Thailand at least do it with a smile on your face letting everyone know just where your money came from.

Soi 93 Sukhumvit? The man clearly has no idea how to make an impression. That's the type of ordinary average affordable place that no self respecting drug dealer would be seen or found dead in. The man is obviously up to no good.

What's happening to drug arrests in some parts of Bangkok? Taken in without resisting arrest and not being shot? No unseen final jump from a balcony like us ex-pats are led [literally] to believe we like to go. I mean there wasn't even a struggle where he had to be resonably restrained by way of multiple broken bones, cuts, bruises and major dental work.

All of this to me sounds like they got the right man.

Whatever next?

I do hope he isn,t accidently shot, before he can expose who supplied. He was the middle man, as stated. Seems funny us readers never hear of ( or hardly ever hear) of follow-ups to these cases, we have to assume they,re all solved, :unsure:

How could he get shot, he is in police custody is'nt he :blink:

Having been shown how get drugs off the streets by Pattaya's finest just yesterday, when they busted a man for smoking one reefer on Walking Street, Bangkok's finest take up the baton. A hard act to follow though. Rastarfairians smoking dope; a lot of detective work involved there and they were lucky to see him carrying the joint in his left hand in the middle of Walking Street at 9 p.m. I mean what are the Police doing working those hours any way?

Haven't they got homes to burgle?

It hasn't got the same dynamic impact as Pattaya managed though. Two kgs of heroin is serious stuff and some one is going to be upset. And I don't just mean the local Police Chief who has just seen his share go up in smoke and not a nostril.

You can never trust a Nigerian. I mean who ever thought of going about quietly with a back pack stuffed full of drugs. No idea. No style. Look where all that low profile stuff got him. Banged Up Abroad.

Give me the Thai Joke any day. Loud cars, even louder guns, flash houses and cops on the pay roll you can trust. A good shoot at the end, bullets in the back of the head from 1 metre, and all in the line of duty. If you're going to deal drugs in Thailand at least do it with a smile on your face letting everyone know just where your money came from.

Soi 93 Sukhumvit? The man clearly has no idea how to make an impression. That's the type of ordinary average affordable place that no self respecting drug dealer would be seen or found dead in. The man is obviously up to no good.

What's happening to drug arrests in some parts of Bangkok? Taken in without resisting arrest and not being shot? No unseen final jump from a balcony like us ex-pats are led [literally] to believe we like to go. I mean there wasn't even a struggle where he had to be resonably restrained by way of multiple broken bones, cuts, bruises and major dental work.

All of this to me sounds like they got the right man.

Whatever next?

You can never trust a Nigerian. I mean who ever thought of going about quietly with a back pack stuffed full of drugs. No idea. No style. Look where all that low profile stuff got him. Banged Up Abroad.

I don't know what you're talking about man. Where's something written about heroin? Ya shouldn't take less of your medication. :jap:

A bit overpriced

2 keys for 175k? Yeah, a bit on the high side. Then again, that is the Thai price.

I wonder how pure it was?

And the biggy: Who did he get it from and who has not been paying the right people?

looks like they've done that one on BKK street price per g and converted to US dollar, as u say, about right, and you can bet it's already cut to <deleted> for the new year tourists

Edited by apollo13

These filthy cockroaches (drug dealers) have occupied my soi 13, sukhumvit. They have just bought into a bar right next door to my condo. They also sit at the end of the soi and have totally taken over the street bar. Try sitting there for more than 1 min before a friendly brother approaches you " new to BKK and just wants to find friends" :bah:

Bring back Thaksin!!!! problem solved

When they control the demand, the supply will dry up. Basic economics. But its not gonna happen because too many people have their "pension" wrapped up in the industry.

Random drug testing at motorcycle and car road blocks would put a massive dent in the demand for drugs, if the penalties were even moderately severe. But who's going to sanction that policy? :unsure:

Random testing at Universities and Night time entertainment venues would also cripple the demand, but again, who stands to lose revenue? :unsure:

So here's an idea, lets focus press attention on the evil johnny foreigner and bypass the locals that "police" the whole industry. It is quite simply disengenuous to suggest that the whole drug trade could exist under the radar of all law enforcement here in Thailand.

These filthy cockroaches (drug dealers) have occupied my soi 13, sukhumvit. They have just bought into a bar right next door to my condo. They also sit at the end of the soi and have totally taken over the street bar. Try sitting there for more than 1 min before a friendly brother approaches you " new to BKK and just wants to find friends" :bah:

All cities around the world have these areas. Soi 13 has always been lively. Instead of trying to change the world it might be time move?!?

Thaksin giving the authorities the right to shoot people suspected of drug involvement is probably not the best policy, as history has shown.

I was here during the "judicial killings" and it was not a pretty sight. 2000+ killed in a few months and guess what? Not all where involved in drugs.

They're gone forever.

I've been in Bangkok 9 years can honestly say that Sio13 area is quieter than it was.

wow good to hear from you I am also on soi 13 and trying to get management to do something about the Pool 13 Bar and the coffee shop, standing outside the Condo Friday three came over to see about my Iphone and just then the security came out and they took off.

I have been trying to get Police to come and nothing happening.

Noise outside opposite the Ambassador and the manager there says not our problem.

They come into the Condo to hang out in Lobby and Use the toilet and try and do business and Security is not doing anything about it.

Most of the owners do not live here so they only rent, and we are trying to get a petition up of those that are affected on soi 13 side for the committee meeting on Sat.

If you can and would want to be in on trying to get them evicted or at least to stay inside the bar Pool room and get the coffee shop owner to not put chairs and tables outside, please contact me.

I am an owner that is trying to do something about this problem.

Every night til about 5:30 am and they are pulling up in taxis from all over Bkk to make this their location for partying and business.

I was told any hour of the night past midnight they should not be allowed disturbing the peace of a residential condo?

thanks for any help on this matter, and sorry if this is not where this should be discussed but was pleasantly surprised to see what you wrote about soi 13 and the African take over of this area recently and hopefully some others might do something to protect their homes.

I never talk to them when they confront older farang as myself but some I see at Villa and on the street giving money and their telephone number to these people who seem to work in crews of two or more?

Nothing serious will change on drugs until there is a complete shake-up of the police, and probably immigration police (or do pushers get work permits?).

The Soi 13 problem sounds bad. Only sustained joint action will help you I think.

Best of luck.

One Nigerian arrested, how many more on the streets? About time the BIB, and the "Tourist" Police, and the others from CSD, round up the area of Soi 3, 5 and 7 again and do some clean up. It would give them an opportunity to clean the sidewalks of the Ghanean and "african nations" prostitutes who are now competing with the local ones withut a work permit.

wow good to hear from you I am also on soi 13 and trying to get management to do something about the Pool 13 Bar and the coffee shop, standing outside the Condo Friday three came over to see about my Iphone and just then the security came out and they took off.

I have been trying to get Police to come and nothing happening.

Noise outside opposite the Ambassador and the manager there says not our problem.

They come into the Condo to hang out in Lobby and Use the toilet and try and do business and Security is not doing anything about it.

Most of the owners do not live here so they only rent, and we are trying to get a petition up of those that are affected on soi 13 side for the committee meeting on Sat.

If you can and would want to be in on trying to get them evicted or at least to stay inside the bar Pool room and get the coffee shop owner to not put chairs and tables outside, please contact me.

I am an owner that is trying to do something about this problem.

Every night til about 5:30 am and they are pulling up in taxis from all over Bkk to make this their location for partying and business.

I was told any hour of the night past midnight they should not be allowed disturbing the peace of a residential condo?

thanks for any help on this matter, and sorry if this is not where this should be discussed but was pleasantly surprised to see what you wrote about soi 13 and the African take over of this area recently and hopefully some others might do something to protect their homes.

I never talk to them when they confront older farang as myself but some I see at Villa and on the street giving money and their telephone number to these people who seem to work in crews of two or more?

Get over yourself, what are you doing in this area anyway?

With loads of bars and clubs around the corner you decide to settle down on soi 13 and then start to brawl that everyone should be quiet after midnight. This is Bangkok

why dont you live somewhere else then, at least you could have chosen another area of town, which in fact there are plenty of in Bkk.

Sure I understand your point but why just dont move to another place?

With the 'street bars' opening on sukhumvit when most of the others are supposed to be closing I don't fancy your chances...The corner of soi 13 after 3 a.m signals half of the clientel from down soi 3/5...Struck up a friendship with one of the mamasans' last year who overlooked the area and watched at least twice when an older thai guy lobbed up on a motorbike and collected what appeared to be 500 baht off each street bar!When I enquired one night who he was she said for the 'men in brown'..'nough said!