Boss Wants Let Me Go After 3 Months, After Signing 2 Year Contract

After signing a two year contract with me, and me getting the initial non B, 90 days in Vientiane, due to the fact that the bosses family does not like me managing their hotel after three months he is letting me go. Nothing in the contract says 90 day trial. I paid for the 2 year WP 6,000 Bhat, border run, Non B visa etc., do I have any recourse with the labor board? or any recourse at all?

You sure there is not an early termination clause(s) in the contract? Most contracts include some type of early termination clause(s) which can be written to favor either party. It boils down to what the contract says or don't say. A vaguely worded contract can give either party a lot of leeway in what each can get away with in a contract. Good luck.

Your written contract will be your guide whether or not you are entitled to anything or recompensation et cetera.

Spell out the contract so many here would be able to offer valuable or sinister assistance.

Good luck and regardless

wishing you a Happy holidays.

You sure there is not an early termination clause(s) in the contract? Most contracts include some type of early termination clause(s) which can be written to favor either party. It boils down to what the contract says or don't say. A vaguely worded contract can give either party a lot of leeway in what each can get away with in a contract. Good luck.

A lawyer wrote the contract it is basic, does say three months notice by either party is sufficient, in wiritng. I was given 1.5 months notice, verbally not in writing.

And yes Patronus I have not had much good luck coming to Thailand.

Edited by Colabamumbai

Your written contract will be your guide whether or not you are entitled to anything or recompensation et cetera.

Spell out the contract so many here would be able to offer valuable or sinister assistance.

Good luck and regardless

Contract is basic Point 3. Agreement is terminated when. 3.1 Death of employee, 3.2 one party teminates the agreement, the other party shall notify in writing for not over three months in advance. 3.3 the employer terminates the agreement in case that a doctor has the opinion that the employee is not fit for the position. 3.4 The employer terminates the the employment agreement in case that the employee shall not behave in a proper manner and/or abandon their duties without any reasonable reason. Termination was given only verbally not in writing first by friends of the boss and then by the boss himself.

Edited by Crossy
fixed the quote

Good luck and regardless

3.2 one party teminates the agreement, the other party shall notify in writing for not over three months in advance.

If this is transcribed correctly, this doesnt mean you get 3 months notice period, mearly states that the notice period shall not be advised more than 3 months in advance.

Granted verbal is obviously not in writing, but guess that would be more of a technical point as notice has been given.

I personally wouldnt bother persuing this, you will not get breach of contract based on a 2 year contract, so no compensation there, and you will get no serverance either, based on the time you have worked there.

I am pretty sure there will be a 90 probation clause as well somewhere in the companies polices/procedures etc, doesnt always have to be in the contract, but generally all companies have it under their standard T&C's

The very best you could hope for IMHO is that the company compensates you for the cost of the visa/WP etc as a sign of "good faith"

Talking to the labour dept costs you nothing, so go and have a talk with them, but I wouldnt be holding my breath

Good luck and regardless

3.2 one party teminates the agreement, the other party shall notify in writing for not over three months in advance.

If this is transcribed correctly, this doesnt mean you get 3 months notice period, mearly states that the notice period shall not be advised more than 3 months in advance.

Granted verbal is obviously not in writing, but guess that would be more of a technical point as notice has been given.

I personally wouldnt bother persuing this, you will not get breach of contract based on a 2 year contract, so no compensation there, and you will get no serverance either, based on the time you have worked there.

I am pretty sure there will be a 90 probation clause as well somewhere in the companies polices/procedures etc, doesnt always have to be in the contract, but generally all companies have it under their standard T&C's

The very best you could hope for IMHO is that the company compensates you for the cost of the visa/WP etc as a sign of "good faith"

Talking to the labour dept costs you nothing, so go and have a talk with them, but I wouldnt be holding my breath

You reply makes a lot of sense to me thank you.