India Visa Online

i see the india visa online option is now available, has anyone done it that way? i presume you still have to go and pick it up and submit the photos and other forms they require? so does this mean you are only required to go to there once instead of twice?

any info from some1 who has done this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

• 1 month later...

In reply to my own topic, here's the latest on getting a tourist visa for India after applying today and some useful tips to make life alot easier for yourself.

Firstly make sure you fill out the application form online and print it out. Like someone else said in another topic you may experience some errors with this. In my case I filled out all the areas in the form but once printed it was missing some of he sections, make sure all the sections you filled out is included in the printed version otherwise up have to pay 100 baht to amend it at the office and it's very time consuming.

Make sure you take note of your form reference number so can make any changes etc to it.

The form can be filled out at the office but they charge 300 baht a new application or 100 to ammend an existing one and an extra 60 for the non Thai resident form also and there is only 2 people on computers doing these for everyone so it's very slow.

If u have lived in thailand for more than 3 years on a visa then u won't need to fill out the non Thai resident form. U will need to provide copies of your Thai visa stamps in passport for those past 3 years, this will save u the 400 baht non Thai resident fee also and only take 2 days to process instead of 4, so it's worth it.

Just a reminder If u plan to photocopy ur passport pages there and one or more of ur Thai visa stamps is in an old passport don't forget to take it, which I did!

If ur applying for a tourist visa you can only get 3 months, single entry. 1700 for visa, 400 for non Thai resident form if need it, 517 service fee. Total was 2617, rip off yes! But what can u do ha.

Also even for a tourist visa u will need to fill out 1 referee in India and 2 in your home country.

Lastly the visa service place is in the glas haus building, level 15, not the India embassy. It's a 5 min walk from Asok bts station.

I can't remember the India visa website, think it was www.ivac.co.th will clarify when get home, all the forms and link to online application are on there.

One last reminder, as a tourist u have to leave a 2 month gap between trips there, unless ask for special permission but will have to provide proof why.

I've been to alot of countries and India has to be the least favourable of them all but the hardest and most expensive to get a tourist visa. Have fun and I hope this helps