Obama extends well-wishes and blessings to those celebrating Kwanzaa

News_Editor

Obama extends well-wishes and blessings to those celebrating Kwanzaa

2010-12-27 16:10:21 GMT+7 (ICT)

HONOLULU (BNO NEWS) -- U.S. President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama on Monday extended their well-wishes and blessings to those celebrating Kwanzaa, the non-religious holiday which celebrates African-American heritage, pride, community, family and culture.

Kwanzaa began on Sunday, the day after Christmas, and lasts until January 1st. "Michelle and I extend our warmest thoughts and wishes to all those who are celebrating Kwanzaa this holiday season," Obama said in a statement issued from Honolulu.

He added: "The seven principles of Kwanzaa -- Unity, Self Determination, Collective Work and Responsibility, Cooperative Economics, Purpose, Creativity, and Faith -- are some of the very values that make us Americans. As families across America and around the world light the Kinara today in the spirit of umoja or unity, our family sends our well wishes and blessings for a happy and healthy new year.

The Obamas are currently on Hawaii for a quiet holiday with no public events or work scheduled, except for the Presidential Daily Briefing.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-12-27

The inventors of Kwanzaa weren't promoting a return to roots; they were shilling for Marxism. They even appropriated the term "ujima," which Julius Nyrere cited when he uprooted tens of thousands of Tanzanians and shipped them forcibly to collective farms, where they proved more adept at cultivating misery than banishing hunger.

Even the rituals using corn don't fit. Corn isn't indigenous to Africa. Mexican Indians developed it, and the crop was carried worldwide by white colonialists.

You folks are silly. Everyone does it, yet you demonize Obama. I wonder why? No, take that back, I don't wonder.

post-37101-0-00705500-1293450276_thumb.j

I send greetings to those observing Kwanzaa.

Celebrated by millions across the world, Kwanzaa honors the history and heritage of Africa. This seven-day observance is an opportunity for individuals of African descent to remember the sacrifices of their ancestors and reflect on the Nguzo Saba. Kwanzaa's seven social and spiritual principles offer strength and guidance to meet the challenges of each new day.

During this joyous time of year, Americans renew our commitment to hope, understanding, and the great promise of our Nation. In honoring the traditions of Africa, Kwanzaa strengthens the ties that bind individuals in communities across our country and around the world.

Laura joins me in sending our best wishes for a joyous Kwanzaa.

GEORGE W. BUSH

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=22472 Edited by Jingthing

It beats Scientology!

Yes, that is its chief attribute i think. That and the fact that it covers several days should mean lots and lots of presents.

I can't wait for a president who sends out FESTIVUS greetings! That's my holiday and yet it is ignored. It's a crying shame.

post-37101-0-01215500-1293450611_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

It beats Scientology!

Yes, that is its chief attribute i think. That and the fact that it covers several days should mean lots and lots of presents.

I can't wait for a president who sends out FESTIVUS greetings! That's my holiday and yet it is ignored. It's a crying shame.

I have a 4 drawer filing cabinet filled with greivances just awaiting a good airing.

I have a 4 drawer filing cabinet filled with greivances just awaiting a good airing.

That's the best part (the airing of the grievances) other than the Festivus pole and the Chinese food. I made up the Chinese food but each of us is free to create our own special Festivus traditions.

Edited by Jingthing

You folks are silly. Everyone does it, yet you demonize Obama. I wonder why? No, take that back, I don't wonder.

post-37101-0-00705500-1293450276_thumb.j

I send greetings to those observing Kwanzaa.

Celebrated by millions across the world, Kwanzaa honors the history and heritage of Africa. This seven-day observance is an opportunity for individuals of African descent to remember the sacrifices of their ancestors and reflect on the Nguzo Saba. Kwanzaa's seven social and spiritual principles offer strength and guidance to meet the challenges of each new day.

During this joyous time of year, Americans renew our commitment to hope, understanding, and the great promise of our Nation. In honoring the traditions of Africa, Kwanzaa strengthens the ties that bind individuals in communities across our country and around the world.

Laura joins me in sending our best wishes for a joyous Kwanzaa.

GEORGE W. BUSH

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=22472

Now I have even less respect for George W. than I did before, but Obama is supposed to be a lot more intelligent. :blink:

Give

It

A

Rest

Warm greetings to everyone celebrating Kwanzaa.

The hearts of millions of men and women across America and around the world rejoice as together we enter into the spirit of this uplifting holiday. The seven principles of Kwanzaa - unity, self-determination, collective work and responsibility, cooperative economics, purpose, creativity and faith-teach us that when we come together to strengthen our families and communities and honor the lessons of the past, we can face the future with joy and optimism. Through prayer, song, and the exchange of gifts, Kwanzaa helps us celebrate the human experience and appreciate our many blessings.

Today, we have a renewed sense of hope in America, a hope based on the idea that our great diversity can unite - not divide - our society. As we rejoice in the rich cultural heritage of the African-American community during Kwanzaa, let us work together to ensure that the meaning and energy of this inspiring festival will remain with us throughout the coming year, bringing courage, renewal, and even greater hope for the future.

Hillary joins me in sending best wishes for a wonderful holiday and every happiness in the year ahead.

President Bill Clinton 1996

Edited by Jingthing

Some inflammatory, unreasonably hateful posts were removed, and what remains isn't much better. You guys are supposed to be grown-ups so start acting like it. I can't believe the kind of language and hyperbole that can be spawned by a simple message of holiday greetings, regardless of the holiday's veracity.

You guys are on very thin ice if this behaviour continues. Get a grip.