THAI Wins 'Best Continental Airline' Award In Norway

webfact

THAI wins best continental airline in Norway

By The Nation

Thai Airways International (THAI) in Norway has once again won the prestigious award for "Best Intercontinental Airline" in the Norwegian Grand Travel Award 2011. It has won the award for 7 consecutive years.

The 16 th Annual Grand Travel Award was attended by leading Travel Agencies and key decision makers in the travel trade. A travel trade jury elected the nominees, and the voting was by random selection from more than 400 travel agents all over Norway.

Pricha Nawongs, THAI General Manager for Denmark and Norway, received the award on behalf of THAI at the ceremony in Oslo on January 6.

"I am honoured and very proud on behalf of all the THAI staff to receive this award," he said. "Since the route between Oslo and Bangkok was established in June 2009, the support from the Norwegian travel trade has been amazing. We have now increased to daily flights between Oslo and Bangkok; and from there further on to THAI's many destinations in Asia, Australia and New Zealand. The award will encourage us to work even harder in the Norwegian market," he added.

In the category "Best Tourist Country", Thailand was the clear winner, once again, from more than ten countries nominated. Mrs. Nalinee Pananon , Director of Tourism Authority of Thailand in Scandinavia, received the award on behalf of the Tourism Authority of Thailand.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-01-11

What a surprise. :o

Thai is the only big airline that goes direct Oslo to Bangkok.

Ha Ha --another joke-no its fact, What other carriers were in the running. Emirates/Etihat/quatar/ cathay/New zealand/ eva/ Singapore.???? (intercontinental).

Edited by ginjag

Seems to me they win this award annually? When they only have to compete with SOS, not suprising they come out on top.

How much does the double page center spread cost? :)

I actually find Thai very very good and I can't fault them. I use them 12+ times per yr and have always had excellent service.

Seems to me they win this award annually? When they only have to compete with SOS, not suprising they come out on top.

I actually find Thai very very good and I can't fault them. I use them 12+ times per yr and have always had excellent service.

Its all a bit subjective. I have used them for 20 years flying monthly but recently had many issues and now use Cathay to H.Kong, Emirates to Europe and EVA to Taiwan. Service in all areas better and all aircraft much newer. Bye Bye Thai Gold Card

Not saying they are not worthy winners, just a amazed how often they win. Must be excellent!

I assume that on the Thai Airways Oslo route in flight massages with extras are available.

Am I right in assuming that Thai Airways have a retiring age for cabin staff at, say 35? The eye candy on most of the US airlines that I have flown with was non existent.and on one short trip Atlanta - Savannah the two stewardesses were old than I was.

P.S. Yeah, I'm sexist. Thank God for that.

Agreed. always travel Thai, when I pay and not a company.:)

Wifey has just got back from a visit to the UK and flew Thai.

Complained that the food was terrible, the plane was very old, as were the staff(sorry ageist comment from her) and that it was about third full. I thought this was high season? She said most passengers had a row of seats to themselves so could get their feet up and lie down even in cattle class. Guess that was a bonus for her but where is the profit in that?

Complained that the food was terrible, the plane was very old, as were the staff(sorry ageist comment from her) and that it was about third full. I thought this was high season? She said most passengers had a row of seats to themselves so could get their feet up and lie down even in cattle class. Guess that was a bonus for her but where is the profit in that?

Funny you mention about the plane being a 3rd full. I fly in and out of Melbourne every month with thai and I notice that the planes are always only about 2/3 full and I alway get a row of seats to myself. Having said this I still quite like Thai airlines. Qantas would have to be the worst and one of the most expensive and I am an Aussie.

go to askmen.com and search for 'dangerous airlines'.

Guess who is the second worse intercontinental airline?

Just goes to show that all these magazine articles are not worth the paper they are printed on / the electrons are wasted.......

ok with checking it is CHINA and the point is?

Personally at the moment I think the worst is Qantas most dangerous on recent form.

go to askmen.com and search for 'dangerous airlines'.

Guess who is the second worse intercontinental airline?

Just goes to show that all these magazine articles are not worth the paper they are printed on / the electrons are wasted.......

ok with checking it is CHINA and the point is?

Personally at the moment I think the worst is Qantas most dangerous on recent form.

askmen.com

Their top 10 is in reverse order.

Number one - worst - is Garuda (of course).

Number 2 is Thai.

That is in their top ten of dangerous airlines ----- 555----- but thai scores well for business class comfort......

And my point was: all these rankings mean zero - nada - nothing - ingenthing - nichts.

So, mister suprise, what about the first 5 years they won, when there was no big airlines flying direct from Oslo to Bangkok?

A direct Oslo - Bangkok flight is obviously not a criteria for winning the prize.

I would agree that there is better candidates than Thai. But thats of no relevance since neither me, or (probably)anyone else on this forum, has any vote in the decision.

So, mister suprise, what about the first 5 years they won, when there was no big airlines flying direct from Oslo to Bangkok?

A direct Oslo - Bangkok flight is obviously not a criteria for winning the prize.

I would agree that there is better candidates than Thai. But thats of no relevance since neither me, or (probably)anyone else on this forum, has any vote in the decision.

Try to find another continental flight from Oslo to Bangkok.

OK what is the criteria?

I fly alot, mostly with Star Alliance. And I only fly Thai when there is no other Star Alliance airlines available. Thai is way down the list of airlines for me. I would fly Singapore, ANA, Lufthansa, Austrian, Turkish, and United/Continental before Thai, and outside of the Star Alliance, I would go Cathay Pacific, British Air, Emirates, Qatar, KAL, and maybe even Cebu Pacific (so much cheaper).

I flewThai first class to the US a few years ago, and the foot rest wouldn't even go up. The flight attendant had to go get a wooden pole to jam under the footrest to keep it up. I recently flew first class to Hong Kong, and even United's 777 business class (where they still have the old seats) was a better flight.

i flew them once becasue it was only 505 Pounds return from london, but i would agree on the above, as my flight was exaclty the same, and this was also over the xmas period last year .

i now fly Kingfisher which is always 400 - 450 return, with new planes, better check in service, more luggage allowance, SEXY air hostess's ... only down side is not direct, but only a 1 hour stop over in india, which i prefer as time for a fag break and stretch of legs

OK what is the criteria?

Buying large glossy ads in a magazine on a regular basis???

OK what is the criteria?

Thai airways is the only direct flight from Oslo to Bangkok. So what I'm trying to point out is that they have won the award seven years in a row, but have only operated the Oslo - Bangkok direct flight the last two years.

So on that basis it is obvious, at least to me, that a direct Oslo - Bangkok flight is not a criteria for winning the prize.

The votes was by random selection from more than 400 travel agents all over Norway.