PAD Leader Chamlong Threatens To Raid Thailand Government House

webfact

Chamlong threatens to raid Government House

By The Nation

People's Alliance for Democracy leader Chamlong Srimuang has threatened to raid Government House if the PAD's three demands related to the Cambodian border dispute go unheeded.

"If Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva continues to ignore the demands, then the PAD will storm Government House to demand an answer," he said in a rally speech on Wednesday's night.

The PAD has vowed to protest until the government agrees to cancel the 2000 memorandum of understanding on the Thai-Cambodian borders, to pull out from the Unesco's World Heritage Committee and to expel Cambodian encroached on Thai territory.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-01-27

Chamlong has the right to do anything he wishes, he is godfathered. Well godfathered.

The Yellow are untouchable, just because they are Yellow.

A tip to the robbers, wear a yellow shirt and your actions will be automatically justified.

Well I guess then we will see for ourselves the double standards in dealing with protestors, no doubt he will be allowed to take over GH again scott free.

Or we can pray that an army sniper does to him what they did to Sah Daeng and put a bullet in the scumbags head.

Mister Chamlong you where till the airport closure my hero.

I adored the PAD's style of protest. It reminded me to the "Salt mars" of Mohadma Ghandi. This timme the PAD actions demands brings us close to a war with innocent people getting harmed or killed. The economic damage to Thailand will be great. And the PAD's demands are unreasonable. In Europe we have had a few unlogical borderlines.there we solved with some land swappes. Couldn't that be a solution here to. Just a suggestion. In that cases noone loses faces and lives are spared.

The PAD no longer have the numbers or support and are divided. Most of their previous supporters are happy enough seeing a Dem led administration and one that looks to have a good chance of with its current allies returning after the next election.

What a lot dont realise is that is an increasing sentiment among many that both the reds and yellows are just in it for themsleves and dont care for the people. No doubt a nice result for certain people especially with the parliamentary opposition in a bit of disarray. If Abhisit calls an election soon there could be quite high entertainment value

I havent noticed Sondhi much recently.

I adored the PAD's style of protest. It reminded me to the "Salt mars" of Mohadma Ghandi. This timme the PAD actions demands brings us close to a war with innocent people getting harmed or killed. The economic damage to Thailand will be great. And the PAD's demands are unreasonable. In Europe we have had a few unlogical borderlines.there we solved with some land swappes. Couldn't that be a solution here to. Just a suggestion. In that cases noone loses faces and lives are spared.

Before the airport closure the PAD were involved in the killing of people and openly shooting at people on the streets, closing part of the city, trying to storm parliament, running police over in their vehicles, and bombing on Sukhothai road in a jeep cherokee, also building and storing bombs at government house, among numerous other crimes.

Strange hero you chose to associate yourself with.

When he does that, I anticipate that he will then be nursing some physical injuries.

The government isn't going to repeat the strategic errors of past administrations.

And why should that happen? Which policemen or military would beat him? And why?

Before the airport closure the PAD were involved in the killing of people and openly shooting at people on the streets, closing part of the city, trying to storm parliament, running police over in their vehicles, and bombing on Sukhothai road in a jeep cherokee, also building and storing bombs at government house, among numerous other crimes.

:o you weren't there, or? It is between bending the facts till they are almost a lie and simply not true. Like the openly shooting: hired thugs beat elderly PAD women with with with wooden clubs. A faction of the PAD shoot at them with their legal sidearms, no one died, no one reported it to the police.

So there were paid thugs to beat up women.

There were either police or military PAD supporter who helped them

Chamlong wasn't involved at all and it is not "shooting at people on the streets".

Please don't repeat the red propaganda lies without checking them first.

I though that inciting violence was a criminal offense.

Seems that was the same thing, that got the guy who went on about burning down Central World, a short jail sentence.

Who is inciting violence, beside the forum here?

Sitting, speaking, singing at the government house is not violent.

:o you weren't there, or? It is between bending the facts till they are almost a lie and simply not true. Like the openly shooting: hired thugs beat elderly PAD women with with with wooden clubs. A faction of the PAD shoot at them with their legal sidearms, no one died, no one reported it to the police.

Chamlong wasn't involved at all and it is not "shooting at people on the streets".

here you go again denying the facts, why bother, we all know, we all saw the news reports with our own eyes, we saw the deaths, we saw the aftermath of the bombing, we saw the explosive at GH, we saw the guy openly shooting on viphvadee road, we can still see these things clearly on youtube.

Keep denying all you want but you are just making yourself look blinkered and silly.

Seems that was the same thing, that got the guy who went on about burning down Central World, a short jail sentence.

Are you suggesting the threatened raid on Government House will be peaceful, are you suggesting that if the police resist the PAD will just back down without trying to force entry, forcing entry by its very nature is violent.

Whatever, man. But stop spreading lies, it's even worse form than calling a scumbag a scumbag.

*Aggressive remark edited out*

As for the aim of my in initial 'scumbag' comment, well i am bang on the money with that, the guy by his very actions is a scumbag. Also if you want to believe that Sah daeng was not murdered by the army that is your entitlement, just as it is my entitlement to believe that he was murdered by the army, If you notice however i didn't resort to petty name calling, I would also suggest that you have just as much evidence as I do on that matter, however when we look as to whose side he was on, the likely outcome is that the army shot him, just as they have since been shown to have shot many people, and unarmed people.

Now back on topic, do you think the PAD would be right to storm GH again?

Edited by Scott
Aggressive remark edited out

Dear Chamlong,

You know the government does not respond to threats of storming the GH. The will only react when there is an airport closure. So please do us all a favor and close the airport again. Don't worry nothing will happen to you. Go ahead.

Well I guess then we will see for ourselves the double standards in dealing with protestors, no doubt he will be allowed to take over GH again scott free.

Or we can pray that an army sniper does to him what they did to Sah Daeng and put a bullet in the scumbags head.

I suppose if we see the same standards applied, the yellow shirts will be able to invade parliament as the red shirts did in April.

I hope we see double standards, with the riot police doing their job properly and stopping anyone trying to get into parliament.

Whatever, man. But stop spreading lies, it's even worse form than calling a scumbag a scumbag.

*Aggressive remark edited out*

As for the aim of my in initial 'scumbag' comment, well i am bang on the money with that, the guy by his very actions is a scumbag. Also if you want to believe that Sah daeng was not murdered by the army that is your entitlement, just as it is my entitlement to believe that he was murdered by the army, If you notice however i didn't resort to petty name calling, I would also suggest that you have just as much evidence as I do on that matter, however when we look as to whose side he was on, the likely outcome is that the army shot him, just as they have since been shown to have shot many people, and unarmed people.

Now back on topic, do you think the PAD would be right to storm GH again?

Back on topic, no I don't. I didn't think it was right the first time either, actually - technically it was more of a terrorist action than the airport incident. I acknowledge that the PAD had weapons of various sorts there. I also acknowledge that a PAD guy was pictured firing a pistol on Viphawadi Road. The Yellows aren't perfect, by any means. But I don't think you have all your facts straight - the PAD got bombed, they weren't the ones bombing; the PAD guards (with carry-licensed firearms) shot at a hired "3rd hand" as they were attacking members of the crowd that they were guarding.

I'm not trying to defend the currently indefensible PAD - I'm trying to get their detractors to use proven fact rather than rumour when they slur them. Hence my annoyance with you.

*Response to flame edited out*

I'll make a deal with you - I will agree not to publicly slate you for misrepresenting your opinion as the truth if you will agree to stop doing it. Otherwise I'm afraid it will have to continue each time you pop up with another untruth. I think that's fair? Note, I don't have any objection to posts that say, "The scumbag who shot Seh Daeng, who I reckon was in the army..."

Edited by Scott
Deleted remark edited out

here you go again denying the facts, why bother, we all know, we all saw the news reports with our own eyes, we saw the deaths, we saw the aftermath of the bombing, we saw the explosive at GH, we saw the guy openly shooting on viphvadee road, we can still see these things clearly on youtube.

Keep denying all you want but you are just making yourself look blinkered and silly.

Yes we saw the dead PAD supporter and explosions at GH by M79 Grenades which are widely used by the reds. That guy who lost one leg is even the neighbor of our favorite restaurant. But it is pointless to discuss that here. Dig in, in the old old postings. There you'll find all the informations.

Are you suggesting the threatened raid on Government House will be peaceful, are you suggesting that if the police resist the PAD will just back down without trying to force entry, forcing entry by its very nature is violent.

Last time the took the Government house it was peaceful. I think it gave one accident with a broken arm. As long as the police is peaceful it keeps peaceful. To recall when the PAD wanted to block Parliament the police was very violent but the PAD kept peaceful (beside some minor incidents).

What is it about getting up on stage in front of their supporters that makes red & yellow leaders lose all sense of responsibility for their words and the subsequent actions that follow?

In political parties, movements, businesses and (dare I say it) even families, there seems to be a distinct lack of leadership skills in this country.

Edited by hanuman1

Last time the took the Government house it was peaceful. I think it gave one accident with a broken arm. As long as the police is peaceful it keeps peaceful. To recall when the PAD wanted to block Parliament the police was very violent but the PAD kept peaceful (beside some minor incidents).

The worst thing about your post is that I genuinely think that you believe it.

Chamlong has the right to do anything he wishes, he is godfathered. Well godfathered.

A tip to the robbers, wear a yellow shirt and your actions will be automatically justified.

Posts like this show a lack of understanding of politics in Thailand. What we know is that Chamlong will probably act on his words. We can also assume that he will not be granted access to Gov't house.

to Random --- forcing entry by weight of sheer numbers is not "inherently violent" it is however civil disobedience on a level that I do not think the current government will allow.

to Random --- your wishing the military to commit extra-judicial murder suggests more about you than it does about who you think killed Seh Daeng

Edited by jdinasia

Posts like this show a lack of understanding of politics in Thailand. What we know is that Chamlong will probably act on his words. We can also assume that he will not be granted access to Gov't house.

to Random --- forcing entry by weight of sheer numbers is not "inherently violent" it is however civil disobedience on a level that I do not think the current government will allow.

to Random --- your wishing the military to commit extra-judicial murder suggests more about you than it does about who you think killed Seh Daeng

I disagree, forcing entry anywhere shows a level of violence, it is impossible to force your way anywhere without using force, and force needs a level of violence attached to it otherwise it would not be force, they are not just going to open the gates and be allowed in, violence or the threat of violence will be present. We are talking about physical force here, not mental coercion or blackmail. Is it just civil disobedience though? it is more, it is criminal trespass, it is 'riot' depending on numbers, it is burglary by entering property or part of property as a trespasser with certain intentions.

as for what you think about me, to be perfectly honest I don't really care what you think about me, I would rather just see consistency in the way things are handled so we can all be clear there is no bias. If that means the army removing this instigator then all well and good as far as I am concerned,