Yellow-Shirt Rally Has Not Affected Tourism: TAT

webfact

TAT: Yellow-Shirt Rally Has Not Affected Tourism

The Tourism Authority of Thailand's director has said that the ongoing yellow-shirt rally in Bangkok is not affecting the confidence of overseas markets, as no hotel cancellations have been reported to date.

Tourism Authority of Thailand Director Surapon Sawetserani insisted the anti-government demonstration in front of the Government House has cast no shadow on tourism in the Kingdom.

He explained that the survey by 24 overseas offices of the agency indicated that no news television footage has been found, and a small amount of newspaper coverage has emerged.

No reservations for accommodation have been cancelled so far.

He noted that there will be no serious impact on the tourism sector if the rally does not trigger violence.

In a separate matter, the director said he anticipates that the northeastern tourism fair being held at the National Queen Sirikit Convention Center will attract 70,000 visitors and circulate at least 30 billion baht.

He commented that the Tourism Authority will continue to invest in the North and Northeast, as tourism in these regions has significant growth potential.

As for the tourist number target for 2011, Surapon expects the number to rise to 90 million people, compared to 87 million travellers in 2010.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-01-28

footer_n.gif

So the world is now looking at these protesters as a non issue.

In my opinion A sharp tour operator could organize tours of protests that are not meant to change any thing but are meant to reinforce the week beliefs of the people taking part in them.:cheesy:

How long before the whole world realizes they are nothing but a joke.:rolleyes:

I doubt that it's affected tourism at all so far. Non violent protests generally don't scare anyone away. Even protesting at the airport doesn't stick in peoples minds. Launching rockets at the public transit system, random bombing across the city, burning down shopping malls, murdering counter protesters, the military forced to come in to quell violence etc scares hell out of people and sticks in the mind for a long time. People are focused on the riots and revolutions in the middle east, some yellow shirts with their foot clappers will go completely unnoticed.

Obviously the TAT has not been in touch with any embassies who are advising 'caution'. More deliberate misinformation from TAT.

I'm aware of the various Embassy warnings issued for the Red Shirt rally on January 23.

Red-Shirt Rally Alert For Bangkok

But have there been Embassy warnings issued for the yellow shirt rallies?

Edited by Buchholz

Obviously the TAT has not been in touch with any embassies who are advising 'caution'. More deliberate misinformation from TAT.

I'm aware of the various Embassy warnings issued for the Red Shirt rally on January 23.

http://www.thaivisa....age__hl__warden

You may want to read the article that you refer too, again.

It is balanced, and does not take sides - it mentions both colours.

Unlike your post.

Unlike your post.

Ah, so it is.

Thanks for pointing that out, my bad.

And also thanks for the dig as I wasn't aware asking a simple question was unbalanced. :)

Edited by Buchholz

Unlike your post.

Ah, so it is.

And also thanks for the dig as I wasn't aware asking a simple question was unbalanced. :)

i believe that you believe that.

Unlike your post.

Ah, so it is.

He may be on a payroll to be biased

Unlike your post.

Ah, so it is.

He may be on a payroll to be biased

Who are you talking about?

and what payroll are you talking about?