Four Seasons Dinner - Very Nice

PlanetX

Caprese of Tomato, Mozzarella, Mango and Rocket Salad with Balsamic Dressing

Pan-Fried Duck Breast with Apple-Pumpkin Mash and Honey Red Wine Reduction

Sounds delicious. Was it pricey?

The Duck was 850 baht so it was expensive but it was excellent - and the resort is definitely one of the most beautiful resorts I have ever seen so I really enjoyed it

For a special dinner (especially for a romantic dinner) I thought it was great value for the money

Caprese of Tomato, Mozzarella, Mango and Rocket Salad with Balsamic Dressing

Pan-Fried Duck Breast with Apple-Pumpkin Mash and Honey Red Wine Reduction

Sounds delicious. Was it pricey?

The Duck was 850 baht so it was expensive but it was excellent - and the resort is definitely one of the most beautiful resorts I have ever seen so I really enjoyed it

For a special dinner (especially for a romantic dinner) I thought it was great value for the money

Sounds like somewhere nice for a special occasion - thanks.

I agree, last year I was dissapointed twice at Four Seasons - bad service, corked wine (had to send back three bottles) and food not quite good. But this year I have been once and they seem to have really upped the ante. Something as simple as a caprese should be pretty bog standard right? But somehow they have managed to make it the most amazing caprese I have ever tasted in my life. Lovely stuff. (Ask for the 25% resident discount card...not sure if the promotion stands, but it makes a huge difference!)

I think the chef is great and have had several excellent meals there. The brunch is nice too--smaller layout with slightly less selection at the salad/cheese/appetizer bar, but you order entrees off the menu and they will bring you as many as you like (all you can eat). So basically nothing hot is sitting out in steam trays, it's all made to order. Not sure if the pool is open these days but when it is, pool time is included and it's a sweet setup.

Four Seasons

have their unmatched but excellent standards of services of their own....

ever try the Four Seasons in HKG....?

It is not cheap at all.... and is not suitable for the faint hearted travelers either... :)

My last tap from Four Seasons was 1,600+ USD for just one night lodging and one dinner without alcohol for 2... in hkg B)

Four Seasons

It is not cheap at all.... and is not suitable for the faint hearted travelers either... :)

My last tap from Four Seasons was 1,600+ USD for just one night lodging and one dinner without alcohol for 2... in hkg B)

In Mae Rim they also do toast and marmalade with a cup of coffee ; a snip at 500 baht. I'm surprised the OP's duck was only 850 baht.

Edited by Asmerom

Went to visit a friend there a couple of years ago.

I think it was something like 250baht for a small Singha and his accommodation which was OK was I believe 15,000 baht a night!

We did not eat there as the prices were not something we were prepared to pay, too many good much cheaper alternatives but of course each to his own.

Current "special offers"

Stay Longer – Third Night Free

• Complimentary third night at Four Seasons Chiang Mai with two consecutive paid nights

From 12,000 THB per night after free night(s) applied From 18,000 THB

For a Garden Pavilion Bed and Breakfast Linger over a delicious breakfast

• American buffet breakfast for two at Sala Mae Rim

From 21,890 THB For a Garden Pavilion Standard Rates Our most flexible option to create the perfect stay

• Luxurious accommodations

From 20,000 THB For a Garden Pavilion

:o

Edited by Thailand

[quote name='mkawish' timestamp='1296252753' post='4182353'

I commiserate with you to no end

PS I assume Mr Mkawish that all your dreams have come true

PSS love your nick !!

Edited by THAIPHUKET