Millennium Bmw Dealer – Rama 4, Bangkok

Mobi

For various reasons I won’t go into, I have just about given up with the Chonburi dealer and I am looking for an alternative BMW service dealer in Bangkok.

Millennium Auto Co in Rama 4 would be the most convenient for me, but I don’t want to ‘jump from the frying pan into the fire’, so I would appreciate hearing from anyone who takes their car there on a regular basis, or can recommend an alternative dealer in Bangkok.

I am particularly interested in whether there is anyone with whom I can communicate in English, both by telephone and face to face; whether the service is reasonably efficient and professional and whether most service/repair issues can be done in a day, (i.e. deliver the car first thing in the morning, collect same day evening), or does anything but the most trivial problem entail 2 days or more in the shop. Can I book my service in advance or do I just turn up and take pot luck that it's not a busy day?

Also do they carry stocks of spares, or is it the case that every time I need a replacement part, including tyres, they have to be ordered in which will involve yet further visits, (after I have called to check if the part has arrived as I know they would never dream of calling me……)

BTW I have a BMW 320d with 57K kms on the clock which will be 3 years old in June, 2011. Still loads of warranty left. Delighted with the car, it is a dream to drive, but just lately have been experiencing a number of presumably computer related problems, the latest one being a failure of the central locking system which left everything locked and the only entry point being the driver’s door, using the emergency key. Even the fuel flap was locked so I couldn’t re-fuel. (You’ve guessed it, the broken part wasn’t in stock; they will have to order in – maybe from Germany - it wouldn’t be the first time…they did a temporary fix, probably with rubber bands).

Thanks for any feed-back.

A friend of mine who lives upcountry gets his X5 serviced there. When he travels overseas he drops it off at Millennium for servicing and from time to time I help out by picking it up if he is away for a long period. The person that I normally deal with is Khun Siam. He speaks English very well.

They seem to be able to handle most things without any problem and there doesn't seem to be any issues with spare parts. The only issue that I am aware of is that the X5 had a problem with leaking air suspension and it took them a while to diagnose which part it was that was causing the problem.

A few years ago I owned a 5 series that was serviced by another dealership. Millennium is 100 times better.

Millennium are good ones, bought my car there and come for service every time without problems. They have spare parts from what I know(at least tyres etc). Most of the stuff dont speak English, but you always will find few people who do and they will help you out. In order to get your car out of the service same day, you need to pre-book in advance and put your car there early morning.

Millennium are good ones, bought my car there and come for service every time without problems. They have spare parts from what I know(at least tyres etc). Most of the stuff dont speak English, but you always will find few people who do and they will help you out. In order to get your car out of the service same day, you need to pre-book in advance and put your car there early morning.

Thanks. :)

That's exactly the information I was looking for. :thumbsup: