Superbloc And Q-Con..Need E Mail Address

wanderer2060

Hi,

i am looking for e mail contact Address from „Q- Con“ and also from „Superbloc“, I can not find anything. Q-Con just only have a online Form (but nobody answer) and Superbloc just only a Info e mail (also nobody answer) address on their homepages. Can anyone help me out?

By the way, is there any Company else in Thailand who also make Farang AAC, Bricks, congrete blocks or anything like that?

Thank you

Bernd

Just to say... I have also tried the "contact us" on the Superblock web page with no answer. Not sure what you want to know but from my experience the easiest/cheapest way to get the Superblock is in the 7.5cm size and then double up on the walls. Some like a cavity, I don't. But either way you get a good insulated wall that builders LOVE to work with. And the "special" cement/glue/whatever you call it for the Superblock is easy to work with and need much less than the normal way of masonry.

Or, what is it you wanted to ask?

Just to say... I have also tried the "contact us" on the Superblock web page with no answer. Not sure what you want to know but from my experience the easiest/cheapest way to get the Superblock is in the 7.5cm size and then double up on the walls. Some like a cavity, I don't. But either way you get a good insulated wall that builders LOVE to work with. And the "special" cement/glue/whatever you call it for the Superblock is easy to work with and need much less than the normal way of masonry.

Or, what is it you wanted to ask?

Superblock is sold by an extensive network of dealers, and I dont expect them to respond to emails from non dealers. Dealers have very informative brochures. Q-con is owned by L&H/Homepro, and product is not on par with Superblock., at least they where not when I soaked them in water 24 hours a few years back

Other similar alternatives are CPAC, C-Lite, Thai block

There is extensive experience with these materials among members here on TV, so try ask your questions here, or have a look at previous topics :)

@longball53098

Yes, I also know about these websites from both but Q-Con just only have a Contact Form and if i use it i will not get answer from them. And Superblock just only have Info E Mail Address on the website but same i will not get any answer from them. But I am sure they will have any personal e mail address….same other companies also.

@bankruatsteve

Superblock have the maximum size about 20cm on the Homepage but Q-Con have 25 cm. I am looking for anything about 25 cm for a Load bearing Construction…..mean…without Columns. Peoples said that Q-Con have the same Standard same in Germany. Maybe Superblock also can manufacture this one. Many questions to ask them….

@catabeachbum

It´s not my intentions to be a non dealer. And, yes Q-Con it seems like is a good quality thing. That´s why i can not understand why it´s so heavy to contact them by e mail.

CPAC, C-Lite or Thai block can not find any homepage or e mail contact details from them …..can you help out? How about quality from them…same q con?

Grez

bernd

These type of blocks are sold at EVERY decent building materials store in Thailand. They all have brochures with contact information. Every Home Mart sells at least the CPAC version. Be sure to read and perhaps get a good translation of the INSTRUCTION BROCHURE than any CPAC dealer will provide you with. We had no problem getting two CPAC technical advisors to come to our home building site in a small Isaan town to show the workers the proper way to build and coat these type of blocks. Some Home Marts have free seminars taught in Thai by the same "technical advisors" so your building staff can sit and see good instructions on not only roofing materials but these wall blocks. The prices of the various similar blocks are similar, and you will find the total DELIVERED price to your building site will vary from one dealer to another for the exact same size/number of blocks. They sell much larger size blocks than you typically see on display at any local builders merchant. It is often the CEMENT companies that make and sell the blocks under license from another European firm. They are commonly sold through the builders merchants who sell the same brand of cement. We used 12.5 thick exterior wall blocks and 7.5 thick for interior walls of our home and carport. It might be part of the reason our home is fairly cool in the hot season and never cold in the cold season compared to when we lived in a rental house built with normal red brick walls.

@longball53098

Yes, I also know about these websites from both but Q-Con just only have a Contact Form and if i use it i will not get answer from them. And Superblock just only have Info E Mail Address on the website but same i will not get any answer from them. But I am sure they will have any personal e mail address….same other companies also.

@bankruatsteve

Superblock have the maximum size about 20cm on the Homepage but Q-Con have 25 cm. I am looking for anything about 25 cm for a Load bearing Construction…..mean…without Columns. Peoples said that Q-Con have the same Standard same in Germany. Maybe Superblock also can manufacture this one. Many questions to ask them….

@catabeachbum

It´s not my intentions to be a non dealer. And, yes Q-Con it seems like is a good quality thing. That´s why i can not understand why it´s so heavy to contact them by e mail.

CPAC, C-Lite or Thai block can not find any homepage or e mail contact details from them …..can you help out? How about quality from them…same q con?

Grez

bernd

15 cm upwards can be used as load carrying walls,

you really need to contact the dealers, I do not believe the respective headoffices want to speak/email directly with customers to supply one house only.

when I ordered to build 1200 sqm houses, only C-lite was interested in direct communication, but I still ended up ordering Superblock at local dealer here in Phuket due to price delivered at site

• 7 years later...

I am very familiar with autoclaved aerated wall blocks. I live in a home that was built with this energy efficient white blocks. I see 25cm wide by 20cm high by 60 cm long Diamond G4 autoclaved wall blocks which are load bearing in the builders merchants supply yard in Buriram Thailand. I've picked up brochures and data specifications in English at Buriram Builders merchants on Q Con | Diamond Building Products | Thai Con blocks. I see lintels and kitchen counters made from autoclaved Hebel cement. Here is an answer from Q Con I asked a few years back.  The photos are taken in November 2018 in Buriram. 

To Mr. Bob  

"Are the 20cm Q Con AAC blocks load bearing?

Yes, the 20cm Q Con AAC(G4) are blocks load bearing

cleardot.gif
Chanyut Panvaewngam

Buriram Surin 25 wide large AAC wall blocks delivery.jpg

Thailand Load Bearing 25 wide AAC G4 wall house blocks Buriram.jpg

Thailand Load bearing 25 wide G4 Hebel blocks Buriram.jpg

Diamond and TPI make AAC blocks also.

Q-con 20cm is a load bearing size I believe.

If you are after technical info try asking onestockhome.com, they have a variety of brands listed here https://www.onestockhome.com/en/categories/bricks 

and were quick to answer my questions (in english) ...if the other contact emails don't answer try again in Thai if possible .....sometimes the sight of an English language email sends it straight into the too hard basket !

I suspect you will have trouble finding a builder experienced with the concept of load bearing walls rather than the normal method of concrete columns for structural support and in-fill walls.

Edited by Mickmick

Its taken a long time for the aac market to move but now it seems the penny has dropped and even Thais are realizing they are a damn sight easier and cheaper to lay than bricks.

What they are currently failing to keep up with however is the qcon/Dura pre mixed render. I build everything from aac but getting hold of the render so readily is not so easy.

Builders yards stocking the qcon bag 13 are few and far between, and those who do I always seem to find a ton stockpile "gone off"  turned to rock and no good for anything.

The good news though, Global are now a massive stockiest for Dura and recently they have taken on the premixed Dura render at only 78bt a bag which will give you over 10m2 of two coat render.

Global selling 75mm Dura blocks at 15.5bt, other suppliers 16.5bt

other suppliers selling 75mm QCon blocks at 18bt

I have used both and find them to be identical in every way.

The thickness of the load bearing block depends on a few things. A 25cm thick block is sufficient for any normal residential structure 1 or 2 stories and thus is a good size to use for general purpose exterior walls. Thinner load bearing blocks exist and can be used for things like interior walls or possibly exterior with engineer verification. 25cm offers better thermal and sound dampening properties than thinner blocks so even if you don't have to use them, you may still want them. 25cm thick blocks are not that big really. In germany typically they use around 37cm thick blocks which are so large they have built in carrying handles.

It is also crucial to note q-con makes 2 types of blocks: non-load bearing which are the defacto standard and load bearing which they call G4 blocks. You must specify load bearing in your order or you will get the wrong type.

Want to build load bearing? Search the net for "hebel design guide". q-con is licensed from hebel and the hebel instructions are valid and in english. I asked the amphur about load bearing and they referred me to follow the hebel manual.

Have a question about q-con? Send an email to [email protected]. Your question will get a tracking number and they will answer it.

I've received prompt replies to my emails from Diamond Building Products. Yesterday i asked about the difference between G2 and G4 in a house that had columns. Here is the answer I received for a house building question of an expat who is planning to build in Surin Province. 

From the question you asked.

Table 1

The difference between G4 Diamond blocks vs. 

·         The  high compression strength of lightweight G4 Diamond blocks provides superior strength for the  construction of  towerless columns.

Table 2

Comparison Table

Buriram Diamond AAC Insulated wall block delivery.jpg

Buriram G2 wall block specifications.png

Buriram G4 Wall Block specifications.png

Edited by kamalabob2
  • Like 1