Does Labour Inform Imm. About Cancelled Wp ?

I beleive that you inform Immigration about your cancelled work permint with the receiprt that Employment Dept. give to you. You are than given 7 days to leave country or if on an external B visa, find new job !!

Since Oct. 2006 you don't get 7 days for free anymore. You have to ask for an "extension" of 7 days and pay for the usual fee of 1,900 baht.

I am not so sure that these departments do communicate.

It never occurred to me a while back that when I changed jobs and went to work in Singapore that my extension to stay in Thailand was npo longer valid.

I continued to come in and out of Thailand every two weeks and still used the same re entry number on my passport for nine months until it expired. Not once did immigration ever question me on coming into Thailand.

I am not so sure that these departments do communicate.

It never occurred to me a while back that when I changed jobs and went to work in Singapore that my extension to stay in Thailand was npo longer valid.

I continued to come in and out of Thailand every two weeks and still used the same re entry number on my passport for nine months until it expired. Not once did immigration ever question me on coming into Thailand.

Hmmm!!!! Then the question arises when you were stamped in on arrival did immigration stamp you in related to the Re-Entry stapm validity or just give you a Visa free entry for 30 day each time ?? In my experience they do check the validity date of re-entry stamps.

I beleive that you inform Immigration about your cancelled work permint with the receiprt that Employment Dept. give to you. You are than given 7 days to leave country or if on an external B visa, find new job !!

Since Oct. 2006 you don't get 7 days for free anymore. You have to ask for an "extension" of 7 days and pay for the usual fee of 1,900 baht.

Apolgies - I knew it was 1900 baht, but forgot to inform :jap:

Edited by terak69