Super Manayorn Vepsa Shop

mbkudu

This is a just a warning to anyone in Bangkok looking to buy a restored old Vespa. There are a few different shops scattered around the city, most being concentrated in the Hulalongpong/Chinatown area. There is one such hole-in-the-wall shop where I purchased a restored 1962 Vespa VBB. The name of the shop is Super Manayorn. I will not get into a badmouthing barrage of insults or post a list of all the faults I had with this shop. I will simply say: Be very careful if you choose to deal with this shop. You would probably be better off choosing any other shop than this one. I was not careful enough nor knowledgeable enough, and I paid the price.

I have gotten over it after having found a good mechanic and good parts shop to rehabilitate my beloved Vespa. If you are looking for a good parts supplier for Vepsa or Lambretta, then Thai Charoen Alai Yon on Rongmuang Road is very good. They have been totally honest with me from day one. Their prices are reasonable, but to me honesty in doing business is the most important factor. Further down Rongmuang Road are some good repair shops as well.

Edited by mbkudu