To Many Tourist Visa In Passport

If you are currently in Thailand, I don't think it will be that easy. My guess is that you will have to physically go to a country with a UK Embassy/consulate and wait out getting a new passport to accomplish getting a 'clean' new passport. I am sure Lop or Lite will either confirm or crush my assumption here.

The passport will be clearly linked to the old passport on first entry transferring permission to stay but that is not what is normally looked at by Consulates. So far we have not seen any report of issues getting new visas in a new passport.

The passport will be clearly linked to the old passport on first entry transferring permission to stay but that is not what is normally looked at by Consulates. So far we have not seen any report of issues getting new visas in a new passport.

What about Embassies ?

My question was about "sending out" for the new passport and it being potentially illegal.

My question was about "sending out" for the new passport and it being potentially illegal.

It is not illegal and is the only way to obtain a new UK passport for someone in Thailand - they are issued from Hong Kong and it does not require leaving Thailand.

When poster says 'send off' believe that refers to the application rather than sending his current passport (which is not sent).

If you are currently in Thailand, I don't think it will be that easy. My guess is that you will have to physically go to a country with a UK Embassy/consulate and wait out getting a new passport to accomplish getting a 'clean' new passport. I am sure Lop or Lite will either confirm or crush my assumption here.

To get new uk passport in Thailand you have to send to Hong Kong jap.gif

It is not illegal and is the only way to obtain a new UK passport for someone in Thailand - they are issued from Hong Kong and it does not require leaving Thailand.

When poster says 'send off' believe that refers to the application rather than sending his current passport (which is not sent).

Cool --- I knew I might be wrong --- which is why I said you'd know (one of the few folks in Thailand I am actually in awe of .. when it comes to knowing Visa/Imm stuff inside-out!)

but they can see you obtained the new passport in Asia ......so they now a bit the trick using by not leaving the area or even Thailand ....maybe the next step for them to limmit TV"s

:realangry:

Yes, with a new passport you can start all over again as a perpetual tourist, no problem.

Thanks

I will send off to Hong Kong for new UK Passport tomorrow ( its nearly full anyway)

what are you going to say happened to your old passport ?? I LOST IT .

i tried that one when in the uk , cos my passsport full, visa visa visa etc .

you have to apply for a interview , where you will be grilled ,

provide proof of your ID .

have profesional people , vouch for you ,

and they are required to give their own passport details .

you are likely , to wait three mounths for the outcome of your application.

forget it .

identity fraud , terrorists activity , has made the issue of getting ,

a relacement passport , not an easy task . :jap:

When you apply for the British passport in Hong Kong , you only send the application form and a photo-copy of your main details page along with 2 photos , one which must be signed as a true likeness by someone who knows you . That other person also has to fill in a section also stating he/she knows you and that you are who you say you are , they do checks on this now. If you dont know anyone , then a local police officer or lawyer can assist .

The passport you have stays with YOU , do not send it . Thailand has ordered the UK Passport office to allow Brits to keep their passports here when renewing them. As far as I know we are the only country allowed this in Thailand.

When you get your new passport there will be no stamps in it , for eg: 30 day Entry to Thailand if arriving by an International flight , so when you leave the country , take your old passport with you so they know that you have not entered into Thailand Illegally. The immigration office will amend your new passport stating when you arrived and when you should depart.

Firstly it is not hard to obtain a new passport. And the UK is hardly the only county allowing its nationals to keep there passport when getting a new one - I don't know of any country that does not work like that. All US passports are made in the USA for example but you do not send them your old passport to get a new one.

Firstly it is not hard to obtain a new passport. And the UK is hardly the only county allowing its nationals to keep there passport when getting a new one - I don't know of any country that does not work like that. All US passports are made in the USA for example but you do not send them your old passport to get a new one.

my country needs the old one to destroy or to make not value anymore (put holes or stamps over it) whe can coose tp thene that way , but MUST present passport or police report for to obtain new one . Most European countrys work that way ( remaining from Napoleon Bonaparte laws), whe must carry more then 100 years id , even the Netherlands only a few yers started that too

Passports are defaced after new one is obtained - even for UK (do it yourself) procedure. But until you have a new passport you must have a valid passport in most countries to be legal so arrangements are made to have Embassy provide or to send paperwork without needing to send original passport (if not done locally).

By "present" do you mean to give your passport and have none until new one is issued or that you show passport? For the US it is show and expect this is normal for most unless immediate new passport is available.

Passports are defaced after new one is obtained - even for UK (do it yourself) procedure. But until you have a new passport you must have a valid passport in most countries to be legal so arrangements are made to have Embassy provide or to send paperwork without needing to send original passport (if not done locally).

By "present" do you mean to give your passport and have none until new one is issued or that you show passport? For the US it is show and expect this is normal for most unless immediate new passport is available.

by my explaining i mean the procedure in HOME country , as i do not know in foreign country , besides inside country whee carry our id card (even with chip inside and give access by INTERNET to all data available to us (gov.number file, soc. security and so much more on MyBelgium link

by clicking you can see how much access to services on line whe have , very convenient , i use it like i am still in Belgium , made whole my BE. retirement file OK like this way , offcours you need electronic ID card registration at city-hall doing before .

as a new passport demanding , have to give out old , and be whiteout one for 2 or 3 weeks , even the new ones will be with fingerprints in , all for the demands for the" glorious USA" in "war on terror" thing ;)