Hotels In Surin

Mister Fixit

I want to visit Surin in November for the Elephant festival, but I can only find one hotel there, the Thong Tarin. This doubles its rates in November to 1,700 a night.

Does anyone else know of any other hotel in the area?

TIA

Edited by Mister Fixit

I want to visit Surin in November for the Elephant festival, but I can only find one hotel there, the Thong Tarin.  This doubles its rates in November to 1,700 a night.

TIA

Try Martin at the ferrang connection in Surin, his site has a list of Hotels in Surin, here is the link.

http://www.farangconnection.awebspace.com/open.html

If you are driving stay in Buriram and drive there and back, hotels in Buriram start at about 200 baht, Surin from Buriram about 40 Kms

Edited by Thaicoon

I want to visit Surin in November for the Elephant festival, but I can only find one hotel there, the Thong Tarin.  This doubles its rates in November to 1,700 a night.

TIA

Try Martin at the ferrang connection in Surin, his site has a list of Hotels in Surin, here is the link.

http://www.farangconnection.awebspace.com/open.html

If you are driving stay in Buriram and drive there and back, hotels in Buriram start at about 200 baht, Surin from Buriram about 40 Kms

Thanks for the info. Yes, I'd thought of staying in Buriram and travelling, but I won't be using a car so would have to sort out transport to Surin each day.

I'll check out the Farang Connection site properly, but I see that he has some block-booked places at a local hotel.

The LFG will give you a very comfy lazy boy in the bus depot for 1000 bahht a night

I don't know what an LFG is. I *think* a lazy boy is a sort of folding bed, innit?

LFG is Lovely Fat Git........that's me. Although others would translate it as lazy

I list 17 on my web-site, but that does not include the Tong Tharin,Tarzan House, Piroms 2, The new Royal Spa( which doesn't seem to be making any progress) or the New Resort.

Note: Piroms 1 & 2 and the Amerin, do not take bookings for the festival.

Edited by lampard10