Nawng Belle - The Singer With Two Voices!

NaiGreg

Have you seen/heard Nawng Belle ? (น้องเบลล์ นันทิตา)

Don't let the beginning of the video bore you - she shows her real talent at about the 1:05 mark of the video. And if you understand Thai, listen to the poignant story she tells at the end.

God, I swear I love this country!

Edited by NaiGreg

It seems the poignant story was not included. It is in a longer You-tube version. (I edited the original post to include the longer version which includes the post-performance dialogue)

Edited by NaiGreg

it was already discussed in another thread 2 days ago.

I did a search and came up empty. But I'm sure it was lost in a sea of more important threads I'm seeing recently, like:

• Does "all" Falong Mail Get Stolen"
  • Why do expats wear shorts?"
  • Does she really love me?

By all accounts it is a bloke in a dress and the second voice is the one HE was born with :o;)

Sorry, I meant to post in the Thai language forum. My post is about the story behind the "freak show" but I see there are no cretin language subtitles in the video.

By all accounts it is a bloke in a dress and the second voice is the one HE was born with :o;)

Sorry, I meant to post in the Thai language forum. My post is about the story behind the "freak show" but I see there are no cretin language subtitles in the video.

Hardly a "freak show" - just another day in the magical kingdom.........

JH

What ever, its entertaining and amazing to watch. Thanks for posting.

Rick

Tranny's got talent. You're right, it's hard enough getting people to take Thailand seriously, all you ever get when you mention it is hookers and ladyboys, this kind of stuff will end up on some comedy clips around the word.

A man in a dress.

Doesn't Thailand have enough bad press already?

It seems the poignant story was not included. It is in a longer You-tube version. (I edited the original post to include the longer version which includes the post-performance dialogue)

I always wonder how many like Bell are out there suffering the same fate... Accepted but probably not accepted amongst fathers if you ask me... The final bit when she says she loves her dad after all, that's just heartbreaking.

She sings great! Him too!

I always wonder how many like Bell are out there suffering the same fate... Accepted but probably not accepted amongst fathers if you ask me... The final bit when she says she loves her dad after all, that's just heartbreaking.

She sings great! Him too!

Thank you for the intelligent post, Forethat. I think, now, I should have included a translation of the story she tells at the end, but you have summarized it well. Ladyboys are stigmatized. People don't realize that it took a lot of balls (pardon the pun) for her to get up and perform a national stage in this country and perform while "outing" herself at the same time. She (or he, up-to-you) gets away with it because she does have real talent.