Current Price Of Rice

12.80 baht per kilo in Kap Choeng. (Surin):annoyed:

Almost 19 at times last year (2009 for Hom Mali) so let's do the math. My f-i-law was guaranteed before it grew that he would get 17 baht from the govt loan scheme. Many lost their first planting to the earlier drought and then if had the money were wiped out on their second planting due to the floods. the ones that got a crop didn't get good a good harvest and then after all that these ridiculous prices. Fooled and Floundering on a Ford Forever

Harvest time coming up in a few weeks, middleman price will probably drop down to the 10 to 11 baht/kilo range for polished, while retail will be 15 baht upward. Just a forecast on my part.

This is not one crop rice that you are talking about, this is irrigated multi-crop rice that is not too common in Issan but the norm on and about the main basins of the Chao Praya and it tributaries. This generally is not Hom Mali and gets a much lower price. My earlier prices are for paddy rice for Hom Mali. You generally lose about 40% after cleaning and polishing with paddy to get "polished" rice.

Edited by Foreverford

I think some people are confused with rice prices. The vast majority of farmers sell paddy rice. Paddy rice has not been milled and as Foreverford has stated, there is about a 40 percent loss of weight after milling.