Car Alloy Wheel Repair

kenny999

Stop grumbling!

You should see what my teenagers did to my dear little red Yaris. Just waiting to lose the other 2 hubcaps ($A147e@) get the front and the roof dinged, then it'll be even all over...

Then they turn the aircon to defrost & I think I've got a terminal attack of the vapours.

AND they lose my favourite radio station and take my favourite CDs like Gurrumul and insert unintelligible crap into it. I have to do a full security inspection before I get into the bloody thing.

Still trying to find the iPhone recharge cord...

Stop grumbling!

You should see what my teenagers did to my dear little red Yaris. Just waiting to lose the other 2 hubcaps ($A147e@) get the front and the roof dinged, then it'll be even all over...

Then they turn the aircon to defrost & I think I've got a terminal attack of the vapours.

AND they lose my favourite radio station and take my favourite CDs like Gurrumul and insert unintelligible crap into it. I have to do a full security inspection before I get into the bloody thing.

Still trying to find the iPhone recharge cord...

And that is supposed to be a constuctive reply!!!

if it is not cracked it can be repaired. It is actually covered by your 1st class Insurance, but then you loose your NCB next year.

Try Manit Center Max close to Supercheap

Cheers company said they will repair but has to be sent to Bangkok maybe for a week, Thai time could be well a long time, will pop into Manit center and find out.

I had two alloys - slightly dented and out of balance - repaired at the Bridgestone shop in Mae Luan Road in Phuket Town, near the traffic lights at the road to Khao Rang. They did a good job, about two hours of coffee drinking, 500 Baht per wheel.

I had two alloys - slightly dented and out of balance - repaired at the Bridgestone shop in Mae Luan Road in Phuket Town, near the traffic lights at the road to Khao Rang. They did a good job, about two hours of coffee drinking, 500 Baht per wheel.

Ah I am not good with road names so if you would be kind enough to give me land marks, my wheel has been scuffed as in kerbed but not badly.

Ah I am not good with road names so if you would be kind enough to give me land marks, my wheel has been scuffed as in kerbed but not badly.

From Central traffic lights head into Phuket Town (not the bypass), through lights at the stadium, fork left at next lights, that's Mae Luan Road, then the big Bridgestone tyre place is on left side (opposite a 7-11) about 30m before the next set of light (turn left there to get up to Rang Hill). Best of luck.

From Central traffic lights head into Phuket Town (not the bypass), through lights at the stadium, fork left at next lights, that's Mae Luan Road, then the big Bridgestone tyre place is on left side (opposite a 7-11) about 30m before the next set of light (turn left there to get up to Rang Hill). Best of luck.

Thanks for that, I have passed that place many times, will go there today and see if they can repair..

Thanks for that, I have passed that place many times, will go there today and see if they can repair..

Its called COCKPIT,they are also experts on while you wait on wheel brake repairs suspension etc,great sevice,fair price and quality work,...been using them for years

That's the Manit first garage before they open their second one (Center Mag) at the Thepaksatri Rd. near Supercheap.

Its called COCKPIT,they are also experts on while you wait on wheel brake repairs suspension etc,great sevice,fair price and quality work,...been using them for years

Just back from Cockpit and none the wiser, no one speaks English there and I could not make anyone understand what I needed, so the only option is to take car there and do alot of pointing..

Just back from Cockpit and none the wiser, no one speaks English there and I could not make anyone understand what I needed, so the only option is to take car there and do alot of pointing..

Are you surprised ... :blink: You always(always)have to show the job required to even expect a sensible answer.

Are you surprised ... :blink: You always(always)have to show the job required to even expect a sensible answer.

No not surprised but was on bike and thought I would go in and try, as you say a waste of time I nearly bought 4 wheels lol also caused argument with my Thai GF because I called her to get her to speak to them and that was a waste of time, GF I not know what damage is blah blah, trying to learn Thai, but it is so difficult!!!

Calm down,learn to live here.the foreman speaks good english and understands all,you have to be patient,,this is not UK,..AS I SAID I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THEM FOR YEARS THE FAMILY

Calm down,learn to live here.the foreman speaks good english and understands all,you have to be patient,,this is not UK,..AS I SAID I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THEM FOR YEARS THE FAMILY

Well foreman obviously not there, and I have learnt to live here but that does not mean you never get frustrated does it!!!!

SORRY The familly own most of the tyre depots in Phuket,well estabilshed and fair,this is advice only, never forget we are farlangs and we live in Phuket, THAILAND :lol:

No its okay and yes as you say this is Thailand and probably the most frustrating country on this planet if you don't speak Thai which is just so difficult to pick up, love it here love the people.

No its okay and yes as you say this is Thailand and probably the most frustrating country on this planet if you don't speak Thai which is just so difficult to pick up, love it here love the people.

If you would have spoken the language you would most probably have gotten a price indication. And just like anywhere in the world, once they see the job, it will be more expensive than originally though.

Nowhere will you get a reliable quotation without them seeing the job at hand first.

never forget we are farlangs and we live in Phuket, THAILAND :lol:

Deep.

Do you ever say anything consructive?

I'm guessing he wanted to hit that 1000th post.

Just use your ignore list and they go away.

I didn't see his post until you quoted it.

post-75209-0-79474400-1300925778_thumb.j