Any Good Bands For Hire For A Birthday Party?

NaiGreg

May suggest having a word with Nicky down at Guitarman in town?

He has live music pretty much every night and is in contact with many bands & musicians, both Thai & Non-Thai.

Probably get some good pointers from him.

There is a great Thai Band that plays a lot of Falong Rock and lots of popular Thai music adn North Thai Country in Chiang Rai at the Sixties Club on Den Ha Road hwy 1211 at the intesection of the road going to "Chiang Rai Beach". they play some Santana, Eagles, Cranberries, Clapton, Scorpions, and of course Thai pop and Rock.

Chiang Rai might be a bit out of the way for you, but just a suggestion if you want a really good band. 2 guitars, bass, keyboard, good drummer, male (guitar and keyboard players) and female singers

They do play nightly at The Sixties , so don't know if they would be available, but sometimes money does talk. They do not speak english at all, but their music is some of the best I have heard in Thailand. They do sing english perfect.

I don't have their number.

There is another Thai guy named Darwood that sings and plays guitar alone doing falong music at the Sixties bar that is available to do gigs. He uses some type of pre recorded or computer fed music background that I wouldn't call Kareoke. His english singing is in tune, but typical thai grammer mistakes.

He might have other musicians or a band available.

Name "Darwood" 081-716-5114

He could also contact the band at the Sixties for you as he plays there nightly at 11pm.

Edited by TacoBoy

I attended a party a while back where "Dang Fantastic" had been hired to provide the music. He and his group put on an absolutely excellent show.

He used to play in the Amari Rincome lobby, but last news I had was that he moved to the Hillside 4 Xanadu Club - not sure if he's still there.

I think he's quite pricey, but if you have the budget, it would be a good choice.

Happy 40th birthday to your good lady anyway!