Multiple Re-Entry Permit For Ed Visa

From what little I know multiple re-entry permit costs more than a single one, but is there any other requirements? E.g. do you need to show tickets for travel, or fill in the application more than one trip outside Thailand?

As was previously stated;

A single re-entry permit costs 1000Baht, and is good for a single exit/entry.

A multiple re-entry permit costs 3800Baht and is good for an unlimited number of exits/entries.

Howver BOTH of these re-entry permits are tied to your current "extension of stay" stamp as far as their validity.

You mention you're on an ED visa. AM I correct in thinking you're doing 90 day extensions of stay based on the initial Single Entry Type-ED visa which you received outside of the country? Like people do when attending a private Thai Language School in Bangkok?

Any re-entry permit you'd purchase would expire the same time as your current extension of stay stamp does. Unless you're winging your way outta the country a LOT purchasing a multiple reentry permit isn't all that cost effective when you're on 90 day extensions of stay.

As far as dates and places you're traveling to;

No, you just make up the dates the places, etc. They don't ask nore seem overly concerned about if you're really traveling. Also at least at Changwattana there're no copies of anything needed, just the application for the re-entry permit and the photo.

P/S: there are recent reports that you CAN purchase re-entry permits at Suvarnabhumi Airport from 6AM until midnite.

• 1 year later...

As was previously stated;

A single re-entry permit costs 1000Baht, and is good for a single exit/entry.

A multiple re-entry permit costs 3800Baht and is good for an unlimited number of exits/entries.

Howver BOTH of these re-entry permits are tied to your current "extension of stay" stamp as far as their validity.

You mention you're on an ED visa. AM I correct in thinking you're doing 90 day extensions of stay based on the initial Single Entry Type-ED visa which you received outside of the country? Like people do when attending a private Thai Language School in Bangkok?

Any re-entry permit you'd purchase would expire the same time as your current extension of stay stamp does. Unless you're winging your way outta the country a LOT purchasing a multiple reentry permit isn't all that cost effective when you're on 90 day extensions of stay.

As far as dates and places you're traveling to;

No, you just make up the dates the places, etc. They don't ask nore seem overly concerned about if you're really traveling. Also at least at Changwattana there're no copies of anything needed, just the application for the re-entry permit and the photo.

P/S: there are recent reports that you CAN purchase re-entry permits at Suvarnabhumi Airport from 6AM until midnite.

Ha! That's what I always thought. So if you have an education visa with a 90 day extension, you'll have to exit and enter Thailand 4 times in those 90 days to actually make it worth the price. Am I right or not? Any experts can confirm this? Or not confirm it?

Well then I'll keep filling up the pages and after about 3 years I'm ready for a new passport! Hurray!