Relocation To Thailand - Living Expenses Inquiry

Escondido

You might want to consider that "dog" is on the menu here in Chiangmai and most of the North.

Your dog will be just fine here - Just get a nice shirt coat for it in the US... The ones they wear here are a bit tacky...

You might want to consider that "dog" is on the menu here in Chiangmai and most of the North.

Your dog will be just fine here - Just get a nice shirt coat for it in the US... The ones they wear here are a bit tacky...

we have enough dogs here - leave it behind

as for money most farangs seem to budget about 50/60,000 a month and can live well on that - if anyone is 'paying' their gf above 10,000 'allowance' they are overpaying. Personally I pay nothing apart from meals and that sort of stuff - but then again if I wanted a 'steady' gf why come here? variety is the spice of life! this is controversial but I feel sorry for those farangs who settle with one girl here - as Elvis once said 'why buy a cow when you can get milk under the fence'

You can get good internet. If crucial I would apply for two separate connections; they're not expensive.

Work permit: I would personally not worry about it if your employer is outside Thailand, your customers are outside Thailand and you make money outside of Thailand.

Visa: That's indeed a point of attention.

its an interesting point - but he will still be working inside Thailand and probably, technically, would need a permit.