Honda Cars

I have been looking around with a friend who is interested in a second hand Honda City or similar. My friend has been told by various people that if he ever needs any spare parts for his Honda there is no cheaper ( copy ) parts available for the Honda's like there is for Toyota and Mitsubishi. they say its something to do with Honda not allowing copy parts In Thailand ?

How could Honda stop it ? sounds strange to me ? :)

Yes you can - i got an air conditioner compressor for my honda civic - about half the cost of the genuine part. Most other bits and pieces I'm sure you an get too - plugs, brake pads etc.

copy parts available. but not as many and easy to source as Toyota

Yes you can - i got an air conditioner compressor for my honda civic - about half the cost of the genuine part. Most other bits and pieces I'm sure you an get too - plugs, brake pads etc.

I'm just wondering why it is that there is not as many copy parts available as Toyota when there seems to be just as many Honda's on the road as Toyota ?

I'm just wondering why it is that there is not as many copy parts available as Toyota when there seems to be just as many Honda's on the road as Toyota ?

presently Honda car sales is approx 75% of Toyotas. It used to be less than 50%. So lets say there are double amount of Toyota cars on Thai roads. Ad Toyotas 40% market share in pickupsegment.

and perhaps most important, Honda does not want to sell taxis/limos/hotelcars, they want to be more exclusive

Today we went back to the Honda dealer on sukumvit road north Pattaya to ask a few more questions. we asked about the automatic City model at 574,000 baht and asked if it could ordered with leather seats ? we were told that no Honda City can be ordered with leather seats and that the only Honda's sold with leather seats was the Accord and the CRV.

When we asked her what about the endless amount of second hand City's with leather seats for sale she said the seats had been bought from a seat shop not Honda. is this correct ? has anybody bought a new Honda apart from an Accord or CRV with leather seats ? :)

Today we went back to the Honda dealer on sukumvit road north Pattaya to ask a few more questions. we asked about the automatic City model at 574,000 baht and asked if it could ordered with leather seats ? we were told that no Honda City can be ordered with leather seats and that the only Honda's sold with leather seats was the Accord and the CRV.

When we asked her what about the endless amount of second hand City's with leather seats for sale she said the seats had been bought from a seat shop not Honda. is this correct ? has anybody bought a new Honda apart from an Accord or CRV with leather seats ? :)

Honda civics came from the factory with leather. I'm not sure about the city - it could have been outsourced and the seats recovered in leather. Better off to buy one with cloth seats and get recovered yourself (than if you bought new and asked honda to do it - they would outsource and mark up the price). I've seen a few cities and jazzes too with leather, but I think that was outsourced to a leather seat company (like siamseat).

Honda civics came from the factory with leather. I'm not sure about the city - it could have been outsourced and the seats recovered in leather. Better off to buy one with cloth seats and get recovered yourself (than if you bought new and asked honda to do it - they would outsource and mark up the price). I've seen a few cities and jazzes too with leather, but I think that was outsourced to a leather seat company (like siamseat).

yepp, honda sales staff misguiding

most Civic comes with fatory leather, not available on Jazz and City

where was the dealership with the leather seats included in the deal?

Chantaburi but just over a year ago so not sure what deals they will be doing now. I seem to recall it was a certain % (a very small % admittedly but enough for leather seats and tints!) of total cost was given for extra accesories of your choice.