Bangkok All Set For The Super Giant

webfact

Bangkok all set for the Super Giant

By Suchat Sritama

The Nation

30152853-01.jpg

Super Giant, a world-famous mobile theme park coming to Bangkok from April 16 to May 29, is aiming to draw a million visitors and generate income of Bt500 million.

Kevin Yoo, chief executive officer of Apirom International, local joint owner of the attraction, said Bangkok would be the first stop on the park's Asian Tour 2011.

The event is set to take place on 40 rai in Muang Thong Thani.

"For more than six years the country has had no big mobile theme park shows so this event should draw a lot of visitors," Yoo said.

The company has already installed 40 rides and other facilities. They include "Freak Out", the 65-metre-high "Drop Tower" and something called "Super Giant Wild Mouse".

The operator aims to attract a lot of young people and families during the school holidays.

As well as various famous

rides, there will be a live concert, dancing and a 3D show, "Haunted House".

Yoo said more than 200 foreign staff and 1,000 local people had received security training in advance of the show.

"We aim to draw 1 million visitors and earn Bt500 million from this event," he said.

Boonperm Intanapasart of executive consultant firm I-Launch BCR said the event would spend Bt40 million on marketing and promotion.

Local singers and celebrities will be invited to the grand opening on April 20 and to another event on the first day of May. .

Boonperm added that the company had rescheduled the opening from the planned April 1 to April 16 because of shipping delays resulting from the earthquake and tsunami in Japan last month.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-04-09

So, you can go to Muang tong Thani and experience "Freak out," "Drop tower" and "Super Giant Wild Mouse."

Or like me, you could go to Cowboy and "Freak out" when you check bin. "Drop" the "Tower" of beer you were holding, then realize you have just bar fined, a "Super Giant Wild Mouse." The next morning, the first sight I see makes me think I'm in a blurred 3D haunted house!

Lost count how many times this has happened.

Maybe I should stay in more???

My family and I were a couple of the thousands of people who turned out for the opening day, yesterday 16 April.

Alas, TiT, it wasn't open and won't be for at least another week!

Typical.

Did you find out what the ticket prices are?

My family and I were a couple of the thousands of people who turned out for the opening day, yesterday 16 April.

Alas, TiT, it wasn't open and won't be for at least another week!

Typical.

Did you find out what the ticket prices are?

They were doing a special for the people who turned up: 199/199 baht Adult/Kid inc. entrance and unlimited rides.

On the day the same ticket will cost 450/250 baht - Adult/Kid

Edited by somchaismith