Songkran Patong

kathukid

This being my 12th straight water day in Patong on Beach Road right in front of the Thara Patong and across from Impana.... This was a light event.. Fewers trucks and motorbikes etc. I would say the crowd was down a little but they started later and ended earlier. Soi Sea Pearl (RIP) was dead and the street was dry by 7pm. NOT SO for Soi Bangla... Packed as usual but much more crazy. People laying the streets passed out, fights LB's showing etc. NO POLICE 8pm I walked the show street to see only on cop!, one. the stage end was packet, peoploe were seelling booze from coolers and uit was crazy.Soi Lion had number pole dancers whom were not in complicance with clothing coverage laws.. Delightful... I though we had a time warp back to befopre Puritinacal Pimsomboom was Interior . I have never seen Bangla road so out of control. I helped tow girls get a fiend into TUK TUK and they said she had been drugged and others were getting the same.. All this was atg 8pm... I got out and went to a watering hole near my hotel to seek ourt a new friendd.

I'll be back next year!

Drove along the Beach Road about 7.00 last night. It was just getting into full swing and I can see how so many accidents happen with drunken idiots wandering in the road and M/C riders copping a bucketfull of water in the face.

Came back down rat-u-tit wanting to go up the road past the hospital, but nothing moved for about 20 minutes. I was jammed up alongside a convoy of jetskis on their way home from the beach and was kept entertained by the many who threw buckets all over, a less than amused, JJ and his cohorts. :lol:

We had Sonkran celebrations at the Buddhist monastery near Lismore NSW Australia!

Lots of people in traditional Thai dress, four monks, lots of food, great excitement. The organisers couldn't believe how many people turned up. Must have been the bright poster on the main road to a very popular monthly market...

Having heard tall tales from number one son about the 'Water Festival' to come, I decided to nick off quietly beforehand. Such a party pooper...