O Visa

Hi all,

I have an O visa and my 90 day entry stamp expires in a few days. I am hoping to leave the country for work within the next 2 weeks, so don't fancy wasting a day doing a visa run. Can i extend at immigration and continue O visa, and how long will they extend for.

Thanks for your help. :o

Best if you have a word with Immigration...........personally i dont think they will extend your stay beyond the 90 days but you never know your luck. I/d have a word soon though so you can make alternative arrangements.

You could take your chances and overstay but i wouldn't recommend this route.

Best  if  you  have  a  word  with  Immigration...........personally  i  dont  think  they  will  extend  your  stay  beyond  the  90 days  but  you  never  know  your  luck. I/d  have  a  word  soon  though  so  you  can  make  alternative  arrangements.

You  could  take  your  chances  and  overstay  but  i  wouldn't  recommend  this  route.

14 days from soi 8. No problem.

From US. But i'm both a US and UK citzen, does it make a difference which country you are from when apply for a visa O?

Yes it does, but first, I believe a few things to clarify are in order:

Starting A Business

dave111223 Posted on: 2005-07-29 09:03:53

Hi, I'm 21 and a UK citizen, but by next year should be also a US citizen (applying for dual citizenship at the moment).

Are you really a UK and US dual citizen... the above seems to contradict that. As you not a US citizen yet, I doubt that you'd be eligible for a visa in the US until you physically possess a US passport.

Baht weakens to new low in 2 years

dave111223 Posted on: 2005-07-08 12:44:58

Good news for those of us exporting to the US.

Are you currently working in Thailand exporting goods to the US? Are you paying all appropriate taxes? Possess all the requisite work permit paperwork? Have Company papers?

Urgent Help Need! Tourist visa expires tomorrow

dave111223 Posted on: 2005-07-21 19:09:49

Hey i just looked at my passport and turns out my 60 day tourist visa expires tomorrow! I thought it expired next week (which was when i was going to go to immigration to renew it.

So now i'm freaking now thinking i have to get out of the country now or i'll get killed or something.

Do you think they would let me extend my visa on Monday (and pay the 200 baht per day fine), or would it be a massive problem and i should try to leave the country tomorrow and re-enter.

If and when you ever do obtain a non-imm visa, it is even more important and it's imperative that you keep better track of your dates. Additionally, the date of your posts indicate you were doing business (as your previous post indicates) while here on a tourist visa. Not good.

thaiflyer1 2005-07-25 14:55:06 Post #23

So whats it going to be in 30 days time a run to the border or overstay till you leave?

dave111223 2005-07-25 14:58:52 Post #24

pay the overstay i think 9 days over X 200 per day is only 1,800, so it would probably end up costing more to go to border or immigration.

wrong answer... :o try again.

dave111223 2005-07-25 15:59:12 Post #28

I dont understand how you could get caught on overstay anyways?

A ) Who walks around with their passport on them?

B ) Why would you get stopped by the police if your not doing anything completely stupid?

C ) Even if you did get stopped, and you actually had your passport with you, why would you tell them you had it?

D ) Even if you're dumb enough to do all A, B and C, surely it would just end up with you having to lighten your wallet a little bit behind a phone booth?

wrong attitude... :D try another

btw, what was the outcome of your leaving at the end of last August? You never updated the thread...

Starting A Business

I'm the only foreigner who will be working there, maybe i should just create the business in my fiance's/wife next year's name and just "hang out" at the business. Or is this a risky business?

Hmmm... have you chosen the wrong answer again?? :D

Starting A Business

Braccobaldo 2005-07-29 10:55:22 Post #3

..21 years...you want to live in Thailand and married....I wish you good luck...but if I was you I would work in my homecountry and accumulate enough experience before going abroad...and about marriage.....think twice....

Starting A Business

dave111223 Posted on: 2005-07-29 11:10:54

As for BRACCOBALDO's comments: unhelpful

Actually, he has the RIGHT answer... and yours is wrong yet again. :D

Chances Of A Job? (my Skills Are Listed)

dave111223 Posted on: 2005-07-29 14:14:52

If the pay is just 30,000 per month you could probably make more (and work less) just doing free lance stuff...

I mean i've been here on vacation for the last 2 1/2 months making more than 30,000 per month just doing free lance stuff from my appartment. (got the cheap true dsl hooked up)

More references to working here while here on a tourist visa... what's up with that? You're not ready for a non-imm if ane when you return to Thailand as it's apparent you have such difficult to comply properly with a lesser visa... :D

phastmike @ 2005-07-30 02:33:18)

There is no thing as a legal foreigner freelancer in thailand as far as i know. Anyway, are you working with thai companies or foreign companies?

dave111223 Posted on: 2005-07-30 22:58:59

For foreign companies, mostly US, some UK.

Theres no way to get caught doing this kind of work, legal or not.

Wrong answer AGAIN.... try ANOTHER, dave... :D

Living In Thailand, While Working For A Us Company

dave111223 Posted on: Today, 2005-10-05 00:44:50

Thanks for the feedback.

There are really people out there who would grass on you for something like this?

You really AREN'T ready to stay in Thailand long term, are you? :D

Best to stick to your tourist visas for now...

:D

Edited by sriracha john

gonna have to fire the Herald Examiner's quote editor though... 3 times through and it's still hosed up... LOL

:o

The Herald-Examiner will have to send the quotes editor to the next ThaiVisa "using quotes" seminar. Expenses paid, of course. :D

gonna have to fire the Herald Examiner's quote editor though... 3 times through and it's still hosed up... LOL

:o

The Herald-Examiner will have to send the quotes editor to the next ThaiVisa "using quotes" seminar. Expenses paid, of course. :D

Yes... of course. I had heard that George was going to organize that 5 day seminar at Bangkok's Impact Arena as there's been such a tremendous demand for it. Although, as the Herald-Examiner's expense budget is so tight (we're anticipating a Shin Corporation defamation suit as well soon), that we'll have to put him up at a 100baht Khao San Road budget guesthouse with shared bath.

Where you from ?
From US. But i'm both a US and UK citzen, does it make a difference which country you are from when apply for a visa O?

As I read it, the guy has two passports. Anyone heard of dual nationality?

//B. Aide

Where you from ?
As I read it, the guy has two passports. Anyone heard of dual nationality?

//B. Aide

Certainly... but that's certainly NOT the case with our ol' Davey boy. While you were perusing the thread, do you recall reading this? :o

Starting A Business

Hi, I'm 21 and a UK citizen, but by next year should be also a US citizen (applying for dual citizenship at the moment).

Are you really a UK and US dual citizen... the above seems to contradict that. As you not a US citizen yet, I doubt that you'd be eligible for a visa in the US until you physically possess a US passport.

Bertil, it's more likely as Dr. PP suggests.... ol' Davey boy has been a busy customer of some certain Algerians.