Lcd Monitor 16:10

hadock

Hello,

does anybody know a shop where i can buy a 22" lcd monitor with ratio 16:10 from LG, BenQ, Samsung or xxxx?

I look in several shops but can only find monitors with ratio 16:9.

Any advice will be great.

Thank you

Alex

A 22" 1920 x 1200 monitor? 16:9. seems to be standard now so I think you might be out of luck.

I've been looking at monitors myself recently and the only 16:10 I saw was an Eizo 23". Price was around 30,000 baht but cheap compared to the one next to it on display at 95,000 baht. HP make 24" 16:10 monitors but no idea if they are available in Thailand. If they are then they should be less expensive.

Hi Alex, I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions for you. I'm just replying cause I feel I'm in a similar situation.

I'm looking to replace my 3 year old laptop. It has a 17" 1920X1200 display which is a 16:10 (AKA 8:5) ratio. Nowadays the best laptop screen resolution I can find is 1920X1080, a 16:9 ratio. It must be the only aspect of computing that has actually taken a step backwards as that means less is displayed on the screen. No big deal if I'm buying a laptop to look at movies but that's not what mine is for. I find the 16:9 too vertically narrow for webpage and document viewing. Besides if I have a 1920X1200 monitor I can easily change the display resolution down a notch to 1920X1080 for a movie to fill the screen but not the other way around.

One interesting thing I read is that the 16:10 ratio regarding monitors most closely approximates the golden rectangle which is 16.18:10 and is considered by artists and architects ( and maybe a few computer geeks :D ) to be more aesthetically pleasing. Good enough for me I'll take 16:10 but will probably have to settle for 16:9.

Edited by Pakaty

Looking at a Thai few online sites and most 22" 16:10 monitors I see appear to be old models. I don't know how up to date the Powerbuy site is but if you go to http://www.powerbuy.co.th/ and go to the monitor section they have a Samsung 2233RZ from 2009 listed there for 11,500 baht. I couldn't see it on the Samsung Thai website but maybe Powerbuy still have stock.

If you don't have any luck finding what you want then try taking a look in the used monitor shops, might find something there.

Here's a 21.5" Acer for 5,120 baht

ACER AC1-G225HQBD

Size 21.5" Wide Screen

Max Resolution 1920 x 1200 OTHER WEBSITES SAY 1920 x 1080 so maybe a typo

Dot Pitch 0.248 mm

Reponse Time 5 ms

Contrast Ratio 50,000:1 (ACM)

Brightness 300 cd/m2

Viewing Angle(H/V) 176H / 160V

Input D-sub, DVI-D

Special Feature TN+Crystalbrite

http://www.pc24.in.t...t&product_id=74

Edited by kkerry

Here's a 21.5" Acer for 5,120 baht

ACER AC1-G225HQBD

Size 21.5" Wide Screen

Max Resolution 1920 x 1200 OTHER WEBSITES SAY 1920 x 1080 so maybe a typo

Dot Pitch 0.248 mm

Reponse Time 5 ms

Contrast Ratio 50,000:1 (ACM)

Brightness 300 cd/m2

Viewing Angle(H/V) 176H / 160V

Input D-sub, DVI-D

Special Feature TN+Crystalbrite

http://www.pc24.in.t...t&product_id=74

Specs here 16:9

1920x1200 16:10 monitors are still current and available, but the panels are usually 24" and IPS and pricey.. they're being used for imaging monitors.

Locally you can order NEC's with a 60 day waiting period (the route I took for my LCD2690uxi2's) and you can order the Dell U2410 which is probably more in line with what you'd want to spend.. by checking on the Dell Thailand website and calling to order.. you'll get it in days. Some of my clients have done this, and for the money they're very pleased with these.

I am also in the market for good resolution monitor, for photography ..... ideally 23 to 24" .... not sure if I need 16-10... ... I have looked at the web sites listed, some useful information, but I would to see before buying.... is there any hope of finding a shop in BKK to do that? I have to be up there next week.... 4000 to 5000 baht monitors just don't do it!

I have considered Mac Cinema, but 27" is just a bit much..... size wise, also a bit more than I want to pay... I had considered a i7 24" Mac but that too is a bit pricey, not to mention their glossy screen... !!!:angry:

Any ideas of were to check in BKK would be appreciated.... I am assuming Dell don't have a showroom to "touchy feel - look"?

There are shops with an instore Dell display like JIB but the only Dell monitors I've seen there have been part of a desktop combo so probably not what you are after. Viewsonic models in Thailand are sold by JIB but again it's only the low end models you can find on display, not their better quality models.

As mentioned NEC quote 60 day delivery time plus you pay a substantial premium for ordering in Thailand. Apart from some used monitors I haven't seen NEC in the shops I've looked at. Very nice monitors but they are generally more aimed at professional users where the price is not a major consideration. At their price levels you could also consider Eizo.

Calling Dell seems to be the best answer and their local prices are more reasonable than NEC.

Dell are a popular brand so there is no shortage of online reviews.

Google Dell U2311H or U2410. The U2410 is considered the better display but it is more expensive and a bit large for some people.

They both have display port, important if you think you might ever want to run a 3 monitor setup with an ATI eyeinfinity graphics card.

Dell Thailand quote delivery time after placing your order as 7-15 business days.

Here is an earlier topic.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/458241-monitors/page__p__4339056#entry4339056

There are shops with an instore Dell display like JIB but the only Dell monitors I've seen there have been part of a desktop combo so probably not what you are after. Viewsonic models in Thailand are sold by JIB but again it's only the low end models you can find on display, not their better quality models.

As mentioned NEC quote 60 day delivery time plus you pay a substantial premium for ordering in Thailand. Apart from some used monitors I haven't seen NEC in the shops I've looked at. Very nice monitors but they are generally more aimed at professional users where the price is not a major consideration. At their price levels you could also consider Eizo.

Calling Dell seems to be the best answer and their local prices are more reasonable than NEC.

Dell are a popular brand so there is no shortage of online reviews.

Google Dell U2311H or U2410. The U2410 is considered the better display but it is more expensive and a bit large for some people.

They both have display port, important if you think you might ever want to run a 3 monitor setup with an ATI eyeinfinity graphics card.

Dell Thailand quote delivery time after placing your order as 7-15 business days.

Here is an earlier topic.

http://www.thaivisa....56#entry4339056

Thanks for that back link, KKerry.... I would suggest anyone read that if looking for a monitor and or photo stuff, read the link & web site for Bangkokimages.... some very good information there... :D

http://www.bangkokimages.com/Home.aspx

Being he's a TV sponsor I hope ok to put in that link... well worth spending some time reading the articles.... somewhere I saw one of the links. a reference to a 16-10 monitor ... I should have book marked it! It was fairly pricey ... but for quality display there is not much choice than putting out the "big bucks or bahts!!!! ".... ;)

I had brought an 24" Acer with me when I moved to Thailand, which was very good but it puffed up in smoke a few months ago! :oabout 5 years old so I guess not too bad!... the cheap monitors just don't cut it!

I am also in the market for good resolution monitor, for photography ..... ideally 23 to 24" .... not sure if I need 16-10... ... I have looked at the web sites listed, some useful information, but I would to see before buying.... is there any hope of finding a shop in BKK to do that? I have to be up there next week.... 4000 to 5000 baht monitors just don't do it!

I have considered Mac Cinema, but 27" is just a bit much..... size wise, also a bit more than I want to pay... I had considered a i7 24" Mac but that too is a bit pricey, not to mention their glossy screen... !!!:angry:

Any ideas of were to check in BKK would be appreciated.... I am assuming Dell don't have a showroom to "touchy feel - look"?

Which perspective you choose is governed by what's available at the quality level you're after, and by what you personally like. I personally like 1600x1200 screens. a 4:3 perspective. This used to be the choice of imaging professionals. Now it's 16:10.. and I think this is mostly driven by the UI (user interface) of the most popular imaging programs. They 'fit' the UI to the 16:10 perspective. Fair enough I suppose. And we also know for imaging (and most everything else) IPS monitors are the most desirable.. and they tend to be pricey for all by the lowest end like the Viewsonic VP2365b.. I used to run three workstations with dual 1600x1200 Viewsonic VP211b's for many years.. back when Viewsonic made good monitors.

I think it's worth the money to go the extra baht for the Dell U2410 or even the U2711.. or if you like big the U3011. I think these are far ahead of the Mac displays, and far behind the uber expensive NEC's, Lacie's, and Eizo's.. and when you get into the last three you need to be armed with a head full of color profiling knowledge to make the best choice for your individual needs.

I wrote a primer on monitors you can read here, and an article about color profiling and gamuts as the relate to most peoples needs on the internet.