Want To Stay A Year In Thailand

There are many who have been affected by the change in rules by the Hull Thai consulate who have stated to me on the phone this morning that they have "changed the rules". This topic is not about discussion of reasons why it's changed but how I can stay in the kingdom for a year before I return to the UK.

The option I have been given by Hull is a triple entry tourist visa as I have no family etc only a girlfriend in Thailand. When I am in Thailand I stay no where near any language schools however I am only a short distance from the Laos border, so would it be possible to obtain a triple entry tourist visa from Hull and when this expires spend a night in Laos getting a double entry tourist visa from there?.

On my first visit to Thailand I went to Laos three times for tourist visa's before they started stamping warnings, I wasn't stamped and I now have a new passport so will this be a problem?.

Any advice would be appreciated if there is any other easier ways of staying in Thailand.

p.s. we will be getting married so the next non-o visa will be easy just not this time.

We can not say with any degree of certainty what position will be nine months from now - but today highly suspect you would not be getting a 2 entry tourist visa. Once married you will have a 60 day extension of stay option available.

We can not say with any degree of certainty what position will be nine months from now - but today highly suspect you would not be getting a 2 entry tourist visa. Once married you will have a 60 day extension of stay option available.

TR's seem available until you have had a years worth ie 2 doubles or 4 singles. - degree of certainty = thai logic !!! (up to them) jap.gif