Bike Chains

Edit: had to clarify a statement

1. Ensure that the chain is regularly cleaned, lubircated and adjusted to manufactrurers specifications

2. Ensure that your chain and sprockets are not worn out: chain stretch & excessive hollowing gaps 9from the chain rollers) between the sprocket teeth

Edited by Garry

thanks guys....

tension is fine and sprocket is like new....

I have had the bike a couple of weeks, when I bought it seems the ex owner put oil on the chain as there was a slight residual left on the rim, I would like to know the best type of lube for chains and preferably one that doesn't leave a black residue on the rim, perhaps something "new tec"

mai roo si na thanks again :rolleyes:

thanks guys....

tension is fine and sprocket is like new....

I have had the bike a couple of weeks, when I bought it seems the ex owner put oil on the chain as there was a slight residual left on the rim, I would like to know the best type of lube for chains and preferably one that doesn't leave a black residue on the rim, perhaps something "new tec"

mai roo si na thanks again :rolleyes:

Some sort of "non fling oil". There are several sorts available. :)

I use a teflon based wax that sprays on. It doesn't go anywhere and looks white or grey. Does not seem to go black.

yes that sounds like the right advice......i assume I can only purchase this at a bike shop?

thanks again

I use a teflon based wax that sprays on. It doesn't go anywhere and looks white or grey. Does not seem to go black.

But it comes with a price tag. :)

Less pricey but more sticky is Sonax Chain oil spray available at carrefour and Tesco at approx 130 baht

Less pricey but more sticky is Sonax Chain oil spray available at carrefour and Tesco at approx 130 baht

sounds like my darling.....anyway

does carrefour still exist in Thailand or am I expected to buy it in Europe? guessing they won't except 130 thb as payment there :bah:

but in all honesty thanks for the heads up.....

Edited by supaprik

Ok. Will try it. I have a can of VELOIL non fling formula. A bit sticky, but after driving around and parking the bike, the next

day some of the stuff have found gravity. Maybe I was too generous when spraying. :rolleyes:

The quality of the chain has a big bearing on it's performance.

How true, over there years with racing dragbikes and my friends, three stand out: RK, DID & REGINA. There are more out there but these I know off for strength, quality and reliability.