Is This A Season For Koh Phangan?

I just got back from 4 days on Koh Phengan, as usually it's much quieter than Samui, but it certainly was not "dead".... in fact have seen it less busy in February..... where I stay in Mae Haad, (NW corner) some bungalows 1/3 to 1/2 full..... and the FMP is not on!

Evening / night rains whilst I was there, but days quite pleasant.... Tides are low now, but that is the same on Samui and will be until about late October or so...

If you want "laid back" and relaxation, less traffic plan your trip a week after Full Moon Party.... if you want busier... well go during the FMP! (but would be busier in Tongsala. Ban Tai or Haad Rin, which is south & S E corner...) .... depends on what you want..... having never been to Phuket, cannot give you a comparison!

Samui, not totally dead either, (depends on area) at least the Lomprayah ferry was pretty full coming back this evening.... The Seatran ferry also looked fairly full when it left Tongsala pier.

I don't think you will not be too disappointed... Whether you choose Samui or KP... or try both! :)

Cannot say more than Samuijmmy. Just that now is the hottest (and wettest) days in the year, but weather is ok. Low people, good hotel offers, quiet beaches.

Enjoy your holiday in the always beautiful Koh Phangan!

Cannot say more than Samuijmmy. Just that now is the hottest (and wettest) days in the year, but weather is ok. Low people, good hotel offers, quiet beaches.

Let me get this right, you are saying that at the moment it is wetter in Koh Phangnan than it was in March when there was all that rain?

Let me get this right, you are saying that at the moment it is wetter in Koh Phangnan than it was in March when there was all that rain?

I think what Angiud meant to say is it is more humid rather than "wettest" ... (correct me if I am wrong! Angiud) It is quite warm & humid right now on Samui and KP

If you look at the charts Poor Sucker :D posted, there is some rainfall during summer months, but it is like anywhere on the islands ... can be very localized usually short... but you go 1 km or wait 5 to 10 minutes and it might change... It's what keeps the islands green & blooming lovely! :)

KP did not get nearly the rain fall in March that Samui did.... Plus, this year so far has not been as hot and dry as last year.... so there is water in the wells!

Already said, I think you'll have a good time, which ever island you go too..

There are a number of boats / ferries running to the islands... Samui / KP only about 1/2 hour apart....

Edited by Rooo
Edited member's name .

I was in (on?) Koh Pha-Ngan around June/July last year and they had been rain in Bkk but had only one 1/2 day of rain there and rest of the time was very hot and sunny. Deliberately went when it wasn't full moon and it was pretty dead, have to say but pleasant, hadn't been for about 10 years so thought I'd check it out

June and July are the quietest months here in KPG (except for the few days around the Full Moon Party) but usually not so rainy.

Now a little water everyday around sunset or night time, as Samuijimmy says: It's what keeps the islands green & blooming lovely!

Actually the island now is pretty green and flowers blooming everywhere, lot of butterflies and other insects, as you can see also here :whistling:.

Definitely a good time to come in KPG :rolleyes: