When Getting Married...

TheWizardofRnR

You need to report to that office as the final step in the marital registration

beween a ex-pat and their Thai to be spouse'

It was to open in Phuket town a few years ago , but delayed or cancelled.

Does anyone know if they ever opened the offices here,

or must we do that still in Bkk. Thx for any info, time I made Flower an honest woman !

Even tho she allready is more then I deserve, so my friends tell me.!

But I knew that allready too !

Which way to the chapel !

Get me to the Wat on time !

post-35854-0-20540200-1307568578_thumb.j

You need a letter from your Embassy/Consul to the effect that you are single/divorced, and are free to marry. This letter must be translated into Thai, and notarised by the MFA in BKK. There are agents/translation services in Phuket that will take care of this for you. From recollection, you need to allow around 3 weeks for the paperwork to be returned, after which you're free to go to the Amphur in Phuket Town at any time.

Foreign affairs office is located at the old provincial hall in Phuket town. As far as I know this office is only set up for issue of Thai passports, don't know if the planned range of services is yet available ...

'The range of services available at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs typically includes consular affairs, such as the arrangement of visas and travel documents for Thai nationals, verification procedures for processing marriages between foreigners and Thai nationals, advice and authorization of naturalization procedures, and legal advice.'

@stevenl - the amphur office requires the documentation from the Foreign Affairs office before processing a marriage between Thai national and a foreigners.

You need a letter from your Embassy/Consul to the effect that you are single/divorced, and are free to marry. This letter must be translated into Thai, and notarised by the MFA in BKK. There are agents/translation services in Phuket that will take care of this for you. From recollection, you need to allow around 3 weeks for the paperwork to be returned, after which you're free to go to the Amphur in Phuket Town at any time.

Correct - but the Thai national must also obtain a certificate that he/she has never been married or is legally divorced.

Foreign affairs office is located at the old provincial hall in Phuket town. As far as I know this office is only set up for issue of Thai passports, don't know if the planned range of services is yet available ...

'The range of services available at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs typically includes consular affairs, such as the arrangement of visas and travel documents for Thai nationals, verification procedures for processing marriages between foreigners and Thai nationals, advice and authorization of naturalization procedures, and legal advice.'

@stevenl - the amphur office requires the documentation from the Foreign Affairs office before processing a marriage between Thai national and a foreigners.

Yes, i know, i have gone through the procedure. An unclear question will lead to incomplete or incorrect answers.

thx, LiK......Your right , and that was my ? I did everything else but the FMO , I'll get Flower to see if we can do our final piece of paperwork(save the forest ,less paperwork) there !

Plus ,I'm sorry not clear , neither was I when I wrote it ....but its the last step b4 u go to amphur to register ! BB

post-35854-0-16458600-1307742652_thumb.p

Correct - but the Thai national must also obtain a certificate that he/she has never been married or is legally divorced.

I have already been to the translation office to collect my paperwork, I asked the question does my gf need the affirmation of freedom to marry paper work answer no!! she only needs to take her ID card from this they can check if she has been married before, My friend has recently married and there was no need for her to prove anything..

This quote is taken from a marriage website.

Documents required by Thai nationals at the local District Office are:

• Identification Card and one copy
  • House Registration Document (Tabien Baan) and one copy

Edited by kenny999

Correct, my wife only produce her ID card, and photocopies are available onsite. In fact, once we'd 'done the deed' and got the certificate, my wife got a new ID card with my surname.

I guess times have moved on since we married over 10 years ago. Back then these details were not available online and we had to go to Bangkok. These last few years details are available online and can be supplied at any gov office. I stand corrected ... :jap:

Do you know where/who where are the agents you mentioned?

Do you know where/who where are the agents you mentioned?

From the Central Festival junction, head into Phuket Town. Bear left at the 2nd set of lights, and approximately 1 km further on the left, there's a corner shop that does translations. They will translate your Embassy/Consul letter into Thai, and send it to MFA in BKK. From recollection, it took either 5 or 10 days before the letter was returned with the MFA official stamp on it.