Aeon Atm Central Pinklao

It's not in Central Pinklao. You can find it on the 4th. floor of the Tesco Lotus, near Central Pinklao. When you use the ATM, choose the Thai version. If you use the English interface, it will hit you with THB150. Using the Thai interface you can withdraw up to 7,000 Baht using only your pin number. If more than that, then it will show you, in Thai, a menu: Checking, credit card, savings, balance. You can withdraw several times the 7,000 Baht as long as your account limit is up to par. No charges doing this way.

It's not in Central Pinklao. You can find it on the 4th. floor of the Tesco Lotus, near Central Pinklao. When you use the ATM, choose the Thai version. If you use the English interface, it will hit you with THB150. Using the Thai interface you can withdraw up to 7,000 Baht using only your pin number. If more than that, then it will show you, in Thai, a menu: Checking, credit card, savings, balance. You can withdraw several times the 7,000 Baht as long as your account limit is up to par. No charges doing this way.

pisico

Thanks for that information.

I take it that the information about ATM locations on the Aeon website is, to put it politely, out of date, as the ATM you mention does not seem to be on the list, but the one at Central does?

Is it really the case that if you use English then you get charged 150baht? If it is the case, do you know if that is unique to this particular location?

Many thanks

Alan

Pisico, the info you have posted above is wrong...

AEON ATMs don't charge the 150 baht ATM withdrawal fee, whether one uses their Thai or English menu...

And, at least in using their English menu, you can withdraw up to 35,000 or 40,000 baht per transaction, provided your home country bank allows that large of a withdrawal.

Many many TV members here regularly use AEON ATMS throughout Thailand, almost all using their English menu I'd presume, and none of use are paying any withdrawal fees charged by AEON.

However, depending on what home country bank card a person is using, their home country bank may levy a fee for using a foreign/international ATM.

This sure sounds strange. Why would there be such a low limit of 7,000 baht per withdrawal (maybe ATM getting low on cash), although you say this can be accomplished 7 times for 49,000 baht total. And when you say withdraw up to 7,000 baht using only your pin number are you saying that's one of the Fast Cash selections? If you don't want one of the Fast Cash amounts then you select Other where it offers screens where you the enter the amount you need and what kind of account to withdraw from (i.e., savings, current, etc). Your post also kinda kinda implies there another way to get money where you enter something in additional to your PIN. To tell you the truth I can't remember what the AEOM Fast Cash amounts are as I almost always do at least 12,000 baht per withdrawal and which requires use of screens after the Fast Cash screen.

Over the last few weeks I have made numerous AEON ATM withdrawals from two different AEON ATMs here in western Bangkok for up to 30,000 baht per withdrawal (that's approx 1000USD which is limit/day on my U.S. debit card) and I've done these withdrawals using the English menu....and never was there a 150 baht fee. And never entered any additional PIN/number/etc....I just entered my PIN as Step 2 in using the ATM; Step 1 is sliding my debit card into the ATM. I've made far more than normal the number of AEON ATM withdrawals than I normaly do as I've been depositing the money withdrawn to plus up my Thai bank account.

Also, you say if a person uses the English menu he will get hit with a 150 baht fee. Is this what you've been told/heard somewhere or from your personal experience? I'm a little confused over some of your post....thanks in advance for any clarifications you can provide to help deconfused me.

Edited by Pib

The 7,000 THB option is the last one on the AEON screen. If you want more then you have to hit "Other Amount" and then key in the amount you want up to a maximum of 40,000 THB

Picking the 7,000 THB option, is what you probably would do if you don't read Thai and may be the reason for pisico 's confusion

<br />Pisico, the info you have posted above is wrong...<br /><br />AEON ATMs don't charge the 150 baht ATM withdrawal fee, whether one uses their Thai or English menu...<br /><br />And, at least in using their English menu, you can withdraw up to 35,000 or 40,000 baht per transaction, provided your home country bank allows that large of a withdrawal.<br /><br />Many many TV members here regularly use AEON ATMS throughout Thailand, almost all using their English menu I'd presume, and none of use are paying any withdrawal fees charged by AEON.<br /><br />However, depending on what home country bank card a person is using, their home country bank may levy a fee for using a foreign/international ATM.<br />
<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />The topic was the ATM in Central Pinklao that the poster did not find because it was not there.<br />The information I posted applies to that specific location (4th. floor, Tesco Lotus near Central Pinklao) and personal experience when using a USA ATM card using the English interface. It appears on the screen the question in English that there will be a THB150 for the transaction. The last time I tried 3 months ago the assistant clerk standing to help customers who do not understand the workings of an ATM machine told me that the bank next door (Siam Bank) charged only THB100. For the heck of it I withdrew in Thai from that very same machine at AEON and went to the Siam Bank and found out the clerk was wrong: the charge would be THB150 had I used the Siam Bank ATM. Of course that one may have a different experience at different locations and/or provinces. I posted factual information for that specific location. I suggested the fast and easy way of using THB7,000 option in case that the member cannot understand Thai. When I need more than that amount, I just go into the "Other amount" and enter the value I need.  <br />The website is not updated as it is a usual occurrence in LOS.   <br />Alai goday Edited by pisico

I'd suggest it's pretty unlikely that one AEON ATM out of hundreds in Thailand is charging a 150 baht withdrawal fee, and all the others aren't. And that you're the only one who's encountered it at that location...

AEON ATMs don't charge any 150 baht ATM fee on foreign card withdrawals... The ongoing posts of dozens of TV members all around Thailand attest to that.

I just gotta wonder if it's really an AEON ATM or some very similar looking Thai bank ATM. With some colors and emblems being similar among ATMs, maybe it really wasn't an AEON ATM. Summary: was "AEON" written on the ATM?