How Fast Is Your Nouvo?

GetLost

I've had a Nouvo Elegance 135cc for nearly a year (8,000klms) and it still goes fine but on the speedo only shows 115-120km/h max. My older one (the Mk I) showed 120km/h easiliy and went to 130 down a slight gradient. This new one feels faster, though.I'm 78kilosDon't need 'the speedo of the old one may have been out'... just want to know about the speeds of others' out there.

My second hand (one owner) 2008 Elegance with 15000K claimed 120, but you had to wait a bit. I never had a GPS on it.

Earlier, I'd had a multi-mile (uknown) 115 MX, and it was lively. But it would not paddle faster than 100, according to its speedo. Used only pure benzine, too.

I maxed out around 120kmh too.

If your bike is slowing down, your variator pulleys and/or belt may be worn so it's not transfering all the power to the final drive.

According to its speedometer I got my first Nouvo 115 c.c. MX up to around 108 kph. It might have done a tad faster had I stayed in there longer. I've had my 135 c.c. Elegance up to around 110 but I'm sure it would have gone faster had I kept it wide open longer. Where the Elegance blows the older MX away is in acceleration more than top speed.I doubt it will go 120, however. I once owned two 185 c.c. Honda XL's which were on off road bikes around the same weight as the Elegance. Fastest I got them up to was 75 miles an hour and that would be on a good day. I'd call the 185 XL a 120 kph bike and it takes 185 c.c's to do it so I feel that although some will claim the Elegance will get up to 120 kph, I just don't think it's quite got the CC's or the horsepower to do it.

Edited by jackcorbett