Bank Interest

willyumcr

I have 3 savings accounts with Kasikorn. Mine, GF, Joint. I noticed (on line) that interest was accredited to all 3 accounts on 6/18. Is this something new? Have never received before. I don't keep much money in Thai banks but was curious if expats who have the money requirement here would get interest on their money?

Yes, I also get a little interest from Kbank on a regular savings account.

If you want more interest there are other (fixed term) accounts from Kbank that pay higher rates, though some other banks have better accounts than Kbank that dont require fixed term deposits and which still pay up to 2.5% or more.

I'm getting 2% on an 18 month deposit account with SCB. The account holds the 800K Baht I use for retirement extensions so I just leave it there and never touch it. With inflation close to 4%, it's not exactly a great investment, but it's better than nothing.

I'm getting 2% on an 18 month deposit account with SCB. The account holds the 800K Baht I use for retirement extensions so I just leave it there and never touch it. With inflation close to 4%, it's not exactly a great investment, but it's better than nothing.

Siam Commercial Bank have just launched a 11 month fixed deposit paying

2% in months 1-4

3% in months 5-8

7% in months 9-11

Average rate = 3.73%

I think the best rate currently availabe with Thai banks.

Siam Commercial Bank have just launched a 11 month fixed deposit paying

2% in months 1-4

3% in months 5-8

7% in months 9-11

Average rate = 3.73%

I think the best rate currently availabe with Thai banks.

Thanks for the heads up. Time to go and put some more money in I think.