What Happens To 7-11 Clerks When They Get Old!?!

Jingthing

Any females that are extremely overweight as well as aged should apply to British airways for a job as a flight attendant.

They certainly have a preferrence for such.

Sorry to disagree with you jing, but this was the best so far.

Yes. The 50% of female passengers are v concerned that BA employes older, unattractive women. They realise that looks are far more important than service quality.

Let's face it, the primary qualification for a flight attendant is that they should appeal to old men....

Who in their right mind would think that providing a decent service is more important than attractiveness?

Given most stews have a chip on their shoulder bad service is a given so it comes down to a choice of bad service by an attractive person or unattractive person. I think you hit the nail on the head there F1. Who indeed!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Let's face it, the primary qualification for a flight attendant is that they should appeal to old men....

"

They don't appeal to me, and I'm old enough. Why does everyone like to take a shot at "old men?" Everyone gets old. Usually.

Respect your elders.

...Why does everyone like to take a shot at "old men?" Everyone gets old. Usually.

Respect your elders.

Slow moving target. Its like shooting pheasants

SC

Lee Brilleaux got old before he died, and he was only young.

We only take a shot at 'old men' when they leave an easy target :lol:.

It is easy to see you no longer work at 7/11. The young clerks who are employed there are always nice to me and don't make jokes about my age.

Yes. The 50% of female passengers are v concerned that BA employes older, unattractive women. They realise that looks are far more important than service quality.

Let's face it, the primary qualification for a flight attendant is that they should appeal to old men....

Who in their right mind would think that providing a decent service is more important than attractiveness?

I assure you that attractive flight attendants appeal to young men as well

It`s all to do with companies preferring how they describe as the upmarket young image.

I have seen evidence in Thailand of staff, especially the women that have worked with the same company for years and once they reach middle age are either given the sack or pressured out the company.

The girlfriend's sister in law at Bangkok had been working as a saleslady for a drug company since she was 22 years old. Then one day last year at the age of 37 her boss called her into the office. He gave her 2 choices; either go and work up country with a 50% cut in salary or leave. She opted to leave.

The bosses logic is that his mostly male customers are more likely to buy from an attractive young lady then from someone who is middle aged. I have also heard of female staff working for big well known companies, including insurance outfits that will oblige a client with sexual favours to obtain a long term contract or an extremely profitable deal. Especially those working on commissions and on a must sell a certain amount or you're out policy.

The boss sees this as an advantage because of course he does not care how the money is made, providing it keeps rolling in.

As for the 7-11 staff, similar applies as far as the young image is concerned. I guarantee that if someone over the age of 35 applied for the job, it would be a; don`t call us, we're call you story.

It`s the same all over Thailand where staff are in direct contact with the customers.

Sad but true.

Similar thing happened to me at the Bangkok Motor show last year a sales lady from BMW was very keen to get my order and offered to meet me away from the showroom. I told my wife about it and showed her the girls Mobile number we had a good laugh about it.

"Lee Brilleaux got old before he died, and he was only young."

I'd never heard of him before. I see he was 42 when he died. Thanks. I'll have to check out his music.

"We only take a shot at 'old men' when they leave an easy target."

That's the story of my life, but I'm still trying to learn.

"Lee Brilleaux got old before he died, and he was only young."

I'd never heard of him before. I see he was 42 when he died. Thanks. I'll have to check out his music.

"We only take a shot at 'old men' when they leave an easy target."

That's the story of my life, but I'm still trying to learn.

He was a tremendous artist - I've never seen anyone smoke a cigarette so quickly, but he looked worn by hard living. He was in his mid to late thirties when I saw him play the Preservation Hall in Edinburgh, but he looked older. I doubt he was the picture of Dorian Grey when he died.

My comment was really in support of the "everyone grows old..." and to pre-empt the 'live fast, die young, have a good-looking corpse' comments.

"Live fast, decrepit young..." though I suppose better to live than waste away behind a keyboard...

SC

Umm, no. They usually are creepy. I doubt TG's male FAs could get a job at 7-11, as it would require some personality and a few working brain cells. I usually see middle aged guys on SQ and CX and they are good because they have a professional approach. . According to the Thai movie industry, incredibly beautiful young people work at 7-11s and they have romantic dalliances, filled with heartache, love and sometimes even fisticuffs that musses up their fantastically coiffed and gelled hairdos. The last music video had the 7-11 guy walking alone on the beach thinking about the girl he loved that went out with the guy in the Mercedes. However, she comes running to him and embraces him as he gets to the end of the song. They don't kiss, because that's just not done, but you know they are in love because he sheds a tear and the camera does a close up. The guy also makes a pout look.

I thought some of you people knew how Thai families are structured. No one is going to let grampa or granny work at the 7-11. It's shameful to send the elderly to work an entry level job. I have seen some older folks working at the Family Marts, but that is during the day and most likely because they are the franchise owner. Big 1 has mostly older plump people working there. There is a quasi midget guy with b.o. that works at the Big1 on my corner.He's not very good with the phone minutes program, because he always has to call the plump older lady over to key the info.

Umm, no. They usually are creepy. I doubt TG's male FAs could get a job at 7-11, as it would require some personality and a few working brain cells. I usually see middle aged guys on SQ and CX and they are good because they have a professional approach. . According to the Thai movie industry, incredibly beautiful young people work at 7-11s and they have romantic dalliances, filled with heartache, love and sometimes even fisticuffs that musses up their fantastically coiffed and gelled hairdos. The last music video had the 7-11 guy walking alone on the beach thinking about the girl he loved that went out with the guy in the Mercedes. However, she comes running to him and embraces him as he gets to the end of the song. They don't kiss, because that's just not done, but you know they are in love because he sheds a tear and the camera does a close up. The guy also makes a pout look.

I thought some of you people knew how Thai families are structured. No one is going to let grampa or granny work at the 7-11. It's shameful to send the elderly to work an entry level job. I have seen some older folks working at the Family Marts, but that is during the day and most likely because they are the franchise owner. Big 1 has mostly older plump people working there. There is a quasi midget guy with b.o. that works at the Big1 on my corner.He's not very good with the phone minutes program, because he always has to call the plump older lady over to key the info.

I see that the geriatric is lecturing 7-11 on how they ought to expect their employees to behave. He tried it on with us gay folks based on the assumption that he had a gay friend or two. Hey geriatric - when you've spent some time behind the counter in a 7-11 come back on lecture us. As long as you're the 'Chief Scientific Officer' for a major scientific company you're not relevant.

I see that the geriatric is lecturing 7-11 on how they ought to expect their employees to behave. He tried it on with us gay folks based on the assumption that he had a gay friend or two. Hey geriatric - when you've spent some time behind the counter in a 7-11 come back on lecture us. As long as you're the 'Chief Scientific Officer' for a major scientific company you're not relevant.

Do you realize that your post is nonsensical. I am not lecturing 7-11 on how its employees behave. One part was a reply to the FA comment and the other was a reference to the portrayal of convenience store "associates" in romantic Thai music videos. The last part refutes the observation that only young beautiful girls work at 7-11. I offered that there is a diversity at Big 1, mostly in the plump category. It seems to me that because you are so off on a tangent that you are may be displacing some anger as a result of some personal issues. As well, you should consider working on your reading comprehension skills. You so totally earned a Fail on comprehension of my paragraph.

BTW I was unaware that I worked for a major scientific company. I do not recall ever naming my employer or my specific industry. If you wish to file a complaint, please forward it along and I will see that it gets to the appropriate body for a review. Now, off you go.

Do you realize that your post is nonsensical. I am not lecturing 7-11 on how its employees behave. One part was a reply to the FA comment and the other was a reference to the portrayal of convenience store "associates" in romantic Thai music videos. The last part refutes the observation that only young beautiful girls work at 7-11. I offered that there is a diversity at Big 1, mostly in the plump category. It seems to me that because you are so off on a tangent that you are may be displacing some anger as a result of some personal issues. As well, you should consider working on your reading comprehension skills. You so totally earned a Fail on comprehension of my paragraph.

BTW I was unaware that I worked for a major scientific company. I do not recall ever naming my employer or my specific industry. If you wish to file a complaint, please forward it along and I will see that it gets to the appropriate body for a review. Now, off you go.

First paragraph - blaaaa! "You so totally" How old are you? 14?

Second paragraph - have you not told us in the past that you are a 'Chief Scientific Officer'? If so you must work for some sort of scientific outfit unless you're the man who checks the temperature of burgers at McD.

Second paragraph - have you not told us in the past that you are a 'Chief Scientific Officer'? If so you must work for some sort of scientific outfit unless you're the man who checks the temperature of burgers at McD.

Most rational men would be embarrassed to continue with the petty childish tangent that you are on. You made a claim that was wrong and instead of saying, oops I made I mistake, you try to cover up and continue with your childish vendetta. What do you hope to accomplish with your hectoring? Many people have nice job titles and as I recall the comment was to illustrate that it didn't mean much. No, I have never verified the temperature of food products, although it is something that should be done at 7-11 outlets as food borne illness is a serious issue in Thailand. If I had such a job, I would be proud to do it as it is an important responsibility. Maybe you think you are superior to people that perform such jobs. Keep that in mind the next time you run to a clinic and need some diagnostic tests done. It's the lowly lab tech that does the blood tests and checks feces for parasites. If you are frustrated because your income situation necessitates that you remain in the UK, don't take it out on me. You made your lifestyle and career decisions that set your fate.. Deal with it.

Edited by geriatrickid

Most rational men would be embarrassed to continue with the petty childish tangent that you are on. You made a claim that was wrong and instead of saying, oops I made I mistake, you try to cover up and continue with your childish vendetta. What do you hope to accomplish with your hectoring? Many people have nice job titles and as I recall the comment was to illustrate that it didn't mean much. No, I have never verified the temperature of food products, although it is something that should be done at 7-11 outlets as food borne illness is a serious issue in Thailand. If I had such a job, I would be proud to do it as it is an important responsibility. Maybe you think you are superior to people that perform such jobs. Keep that in mind the next time you run to a clinic and need some diagnostic tests done. It's the lowly lab tech that does the blood tests and checks feces for parasites. If you are frustrated because your income situation necessitates that you remain in the UK, don't take it out on me. You made your lifestyle and career decisions that set your fate.. Deal with it.

If you're a Chief do you get to put feathers in your headdress?

If you were testing food temperatures, would you not be a chef scientific officer?

I assume that you are not really a chief scientific officer, and are in fact an undercover special forces chap, like the rest of us... and indeed, like so many former 7-11 clerks

SC