The Wife Wants To Join Thai Visa Forum

Thongkorn

She should realize by now what some members can be like and can hopefully develop a thick skin.

:lol: sbk

Op - there are / have been some Thai members on tv. Certainly very welcome. Just a word of caution though - as long as she's prepared to put up with many misperceptions about Thai people and not let that frustrate her too much, then she should be ok

:)

By the way, I've never received any nasty PM's. Well at least not when I was a member. After becoming a MOD, that's a completely different story :P

She should realize by now what some members can be like and can hopefully develop a thick skin.

:lol: sbk

Op - there are / have been some Thai members on tv. Certainly very welcome. Just a word of caution though - as long as she's prepared to put up with many misperceptions about Thai people and not let that frustrate her too much, then she should be ok

Its just so easy to attribute bad traits of people to them being Thai because we don't belong to the same group of people. The Us versus them. In Holland if i saw someone do something bad or stupid i would say he was an idiot. Here I would attribute it easier to them being Thai. Yes i make those mistakes too, i try not too but it happens.

Kinda like its easy to say that English are drunks when you see one that acts like that you will place him in that group and forget about all the ones that are not.

Just like all Dutch are cheese loving drug users (i belong to the group and know the misconceptions)

I think its human nature to classify people but here a lot of us really go to far.

Its just so easy to attribute bad traits of people to them being Thai because we don't belong to the same group of people. The Us versus them. In Holland if i saw someone do something bad or stupid i would say he was an idiot. Here I would attribute it easier to them being Thai. Yes i make those mistakes too, i try not too but it happens.

Kinda like its easy to say that English are drunks when you see one that acts like that you will place him in that group and forget about all the ones that are not.

Just like all Dutch are cheese loving drug users (i belong to the group and know the misconceptions)

I think its human nature to classify people but here a lot of us really go to far.

Which group "Dutch" or "Cheese loving drug users"?:unsure:

I think it would be great to have more Thai people on board and more women too (so a double whammy) - view here can get somewhat polarised, so the different outlook would be refreshing. There are some Thai females aboard already of course.

yes,yes,yes, i could certainly use her vast knowledge of thailand with some of my questions and problems i will face while i am trying to move to her country

cheers

Graeme

Which group "Dutch" or "Cheese loving drug users"?:unsure:

I think it would be great to have more Thai people on board and more women too (so a double whammy) - view here can get somewhat polarised, so the different outlook would be refreshing. There are some Thai females aboard already of course.

I'm Dutch.. cheese... hmmm ok with it. Drugs.. did them in the past but no more as others.

This is not bad thinking about asking us if we agree to take your Thai wife! We are not like a dark gang hiding everything from everyone! We are an open community sharing common interests and if your wife is happy and share same interests than us, why not!

She is more than welcome :)

Have a nice day expat friend

Francis